|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Daedalus (named for the character from Greek mythology who was father to Icarus, the man who flew too close to the sun) is a hyperspace-capable Tau'ri spaceship capable of traveling between galaxies in the Gateverse.
Additional Daedalus crewmembers who show up in multiple episodes include Major Kevin Marks, Dr. Lindsey Novak, and Hermiod the Asgard.
The Daedalus has a major role in dossier's 2007 gen story East of the Sun, West of the Moon (AO3 link), a season 2 AU where the ship crashes on a Stargate-less planet at the edge of the Pegasus galaxy with several key members of the Atlantis expedition on board.
The ship and its crew also appear in many other SGA fanworks, particularly episode tags and AUs for season 5 episode The Daedalus Variations, in which John, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon visit a version of the Daedalus from an alternate reality that automatically skips through realities.
- Daedalus entry at Stargate Wiki at Wikia (canon resource)
- Daedalus entry at Stargate Wiki (canon resource)
- Daedalus entry at Stargate Omnipedia at Gateworld (canon resource)
- "The ship is also mentioned in several Stargate SG-1 episodes, including "Avalon", where it is due to transport Daniel Jackson to Atlantis, and "The Shroud", where it unblocks the Ori supergate for a mission against the Ori." from Wikipedia entry (Accessed 16 May 2011) archive
- For example, Rageprufrock's slightly crackish story Conduct Unbecoming, where Daedalus crewmembers Dr. Novak and Hermiod are forced to get relationship counseling. (Accessed 16 May 2011)
- Entries for episode The Daedalus Variations at LJ community SGA Episodefic. (Accessed 16 May 2011)