Crossed Swords & Senses
|Title:||Crossed Swords & Senses|
|Publisher:||In Person Press|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Editorial: "Two Great Tastes That Taste Great Together"
Welcome to Crossed Swords & Senses, the zine that celebrates two fabulous universes, that of The Sentinel and The Highlander. Why put them together, you ask? Why not. Several years ago I was inspired by a crossover story I found online, the long-running "Three Little Birds" by Zen and Nancy. Hmmm... I thought. Cascade, Washington/Seacouver, Washington. Sentinels... Immortals... Yeah. I did one previous issue of this zine, titled Net Swords & Senses, because it contained the very best net Sentinel and Highlander stories I could find. At the time I did that zine, I also conceived doing this one, well, actually, doing two more. I had planned to have regular Swords & Senses for stories about either universe and Crossed Sword & Senses for crossover stories. But it took quite awhile to get enough material for the zine and I still didn't achieve the "balance" I wanted with the types of crossover stories but I couldn't tax the patience of the authors any longer. There will be another issue, and hopefully it won't take quite as long to put together.
Thanks to all the authors, particularly Bone and Shelley Wright who gave me their stories a really, really long time ago and to Smaragd Grun who gave me hers a really long time ago. All the others have also been extremely patient. Thanks for allowing me to present your work, all of you.
I could not have done this zine or its predecessor without the fabulous artwork of my dear friend, Killashandra, who has contributed a beautiful array of title pieces in this issue, along with one of her beautiful stories. Thanks, Killa. Thanks also to Cinel Durant and Molly Wyman for proofreading some of the stories in such a thorough and timely manner. Any mistakes still in the zine are purely my own fault.Now, enjoy the stories and the fascinating places they will take you...
- Diversity Parade by C.S. (1)
- Spark of Life by Shelley Wright ("Editor's Note: This story is set immediately following the episode "Foreign Exchange" which introduced the character of Scott Bruenell, who was portrayed by Peter Wingfield.") (13)
- Saving Private Peterman by Erica Livingston (51)
- Secrets Faced by Lucy (73)
- In a Name by Lanning Cook (81)
- Emergence by Killashandra (90)
- In Remembrance by Ateri Kei (112)
- When All Hope Seems Lost by Meridian St. James (133)
- Revival by Lynne Dhenson (poem) (136)
- Oscillate Wildly by Olympia (137)
- An Analytical Perspective by Smaragd Grün (Sentinel/Highlander) (Duncan/Blair) (173)
- Surprising Developments by Meridian St. James (Highlander/Homicide: Life on the Street) (Methos/Bayliss) (212)
- Seagull by C.J. Miller (Sentinel/Invisible Man) (Jim/Darien) (236)
- The Favor by Bone (Highlander/Sentinel) (Methos/Blair, Methos/Jim) (242)