|Alias(es):||Basily, vaslav, Baszilla, Basnarok, Jerome|
|Fandoms:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, due South, Fight Club, Hard Core Logo, House, M.D., Maurice, Sherlock (BBC), Smallville, Torchwood, Stargate Atlantis, X-Men|
|URL:||snogging puppets, Basingstoke's Stories (including Basingstoke's Recs), Basingstoke on AO3|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Prolific writer and the creator of the Five Things story form.
in Due South
Basingstoke first posted a due South story to her website in 2000 and her stories cover almost the whole gamut of slash pairings for dS including Fraser/Vecchio, Fraser/Kowalski, Fraser/Turnbull, Fraser/Kowalski/Turnbull, and Kowalski/Turnbull.
mergatrude feels Basingstoke's due South stories
- "[…] all pack some kind of punch, whether it be serious, sexy or silly. She's a self-proclaimed non-romantic. The majority of her due South fics are Fraser/Vecchio, and they are unsentimental and usually heart-wrenching, though not without great comic touches. For her Fraser/Kowalski fics, well, 'romp' is the word that springs to mind. I like her Kowalski voice, and I like the way her Kowalski seems able to break Fraser out of whatever funk he's in."
- Could, Would, Will ( Fraser/Vecchio) An aching meditation on Fraser's aloneness, on his aloofness.
- Bugs and Thorns. (Fraser/Kowalski) Ray applies his skills and detects Canadian flirting.
- Chopsticks and Curling. (Kowalski/Turnbull) Fraser is heterosexual, but Turnbull isn't. This is a lovely take on RayK/Turnbull.
- Among the Evergreens
- Indecorous. (Sherlock/John/Mary) Developing poly relationship longfic.
- Apprentices Old and New
- The Scent of Men and Beer
- Do Not Use High Beams In Fog
- Neither an Ocelot Nor a Raccoon Be
- The Mystery of the Closed Door
- Euler's Jewel
- The Letter (Star Wars TPM story)
- In Search of My Rose
- Silence In This Shallow Space
- No, Really
- mergatrude, due South Author Profile: Basingstoke posted on 5 November 2009 (Accessed 15 November 2009)