|Alias(es):||prettyannamoon, Pretty Anna Moon, Lilith True|
|Type:||fan artist, fan writer|
|Fandoms:||Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Sandman, Heroes, Game of Thrones, Star Trek AOS, The Legend of Korra, One Direction, etc.|
|URL:||LiveJournal / Tumblr / DeviantArt|
illustrations_by_anna Yahoo! Group
Lilith True on FanFiction.net
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Anna writes of discovering Harry Potter fandom:
I read the books post-Christmas '99, and was surprised to find it was a series in progress. I went to amazon.com to find the release date of the next book, and found their message boards as well. When they were deleted (overnight, no warning), I ended up at an MSN board, which led to FFN, which led to the Quill.
Anna was active in the Sugar Quill community, and attended her first SQ "summit" in November 2001. She was also a moderator of Sugar Quill's W.A.I.L. ("Weasley Adoration and Idolatry League") forum. She got a LiveJournal in December 2002. In 2006, she wrote: "The only place I'm active any longer is lj, but I consider the Quill my fandom home." She attended Lumos in July 2006.
Anna had her own GeoCities site for her fan art, fanfiction, and general Harry Potter information. She later "downsized" the site to focus on her HP fan art and moved it to thecupboardunderthestairs.net. In October 2002, she started a Yahoo! Group for her art, illustrations_by_anna. The group primarily contained Harry Potter art but also included Lord of the Rings and Sandman art.
- "'I was drawing it before I knew what a 'fandom' was. The books reminded me of why I started drawing in the first place, and influenced my decision to major in illustration, especially kids lit."
In 2006, Anna gave the work she was most proud of as the Sugar Quill's April Fools Day 2002 front page. She wrote: "Working with A&Z, Quillers' laughter, the summit less than a week later - it's all wrapped together in my mind as a personal highlight of the golden age of fandom. I printed out the comments from that day, and reading them still makes me smile."
Other notable art includes her Good Ship R/H desktop.
One of her stories, Anna Moon, Ravenclaw Girl (2001–2002), features an original character with the same name as Anna's fandom pseud. Anna wrote in 2006: "[The name 'Anna Moon'] is not related to fandom, being a combination of two high school nicknames, but I was way too excited to read that a 'Moon' was sorted into Harry's class. So excited I wrote a godawful Mary Sue opus on it."
Anna also occasionally posts meta, including:
- The Magic of “The Gift” in the Harry Potter Internet Fandom (Harry Potter, 11 December 2002)
- Why ‘Fly’ might be the most important episode of Breaking Bad (Breaking Bad, 29 July 2012)
- prettyannamoon at LiveJournal. Fandom History Meme. 08 May 2006. (Accessed 24 September 2013.)
- See Anna's "Why I Stayed" and "Pretty Anna Moon's Thoughts", collected for The Sugar Quill's first birthday (accessed 24 September 2013). She was active at SQ starting in February 2001 or earlier (see ezboard profile / SQ fan art links).
- The Magic of “The Gift” in the Harry Potter Internet Fandom. 11 December 2002, posted 22 January 2003. (Accessed 24 September 2013.)
- See WAIL (accessed 24 September 2013) and WAIL forum (archived 21 May 2002).
- prettyannamoon LiveJournal account created 16 December 2002. Anna says: "People on the Quill were getting ljs, and it seemed like all the cool kids were migrating here. Right before Christmas break 2002 my fellow WAIL mod, hildigunnur, gave me a code." (08 May 2006, accessed 24 September 2013.)
- ""Lumos" tag at prettyannamoon's LiveJournal". Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Pretty Anna Moon's Harry Potter Page". Archived from the original on 2001-08-06.
- "the cupboard under the stairs - a Harry Potter fan site". Archived from the original on 2002-05-28.
- The Harry Potter Companion. prettyannamoon. (Accessed 24 September 2013.)