Anime House Presents
|Title:||Anime House Presents|
|Publisher:||Anime House Insanity Productions|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Anime House Presents is an gen (with one issue explicit het) anime zine. The publisher describes it as "A mixed-world zine, featuring fiction, art, poetry and cartoons based on anime (JapAnimation) shows and manga (graphic novels)."  There are eleven issues, and issue #7 required an age statement to purchase.
Anime House Presents 1 was published in 1988 and contains 152 pages. Along with the fiction, it contains artwork, poetry, original manga and cartoons by Marg Baskin, Jeanette Eile, Jule Froelich, Nei Mo Han, Lawrence Sufrin, Colleen Winters and V.M. Wyman. The fiction summaries below are from the title page.
- Everyone Excels at Something (Gundam) by Karen Klinck. "For teenage military cadets Char Aznable and Garma Zabi, that 'something' is in the fine art of getting themselves in trouble."
- Between Worlds (SPT Layzner) by Marg Baskin. "Half-human/half-alien, and outcast from both races, Eiji finds precarious sanctuary with a team of partisans fighting to save Earth from the alien Grados."
- The Rescue by Waylaid Mann (Eroica "With enemy agents on his tail, Agent A isn't in a position to say 'no' to any haven."
- Act of Cruelty (Gundam) by Steph Rendino. "Garma is sixteen and studying for exams. Alone in the palace, he should be safe..."
- For One Day's Rule (Vampire Hunter D) by Julie Froelich (1989 FanQ short story winner) "Trapped, injured and beset by demons, Ray Ginsay thinks his situation can't get any worse. Nothing could be farther from the truth."
- Angel by Kay Reynolds (Eroica) "Searching for the lost treasure of Alexander, the Major and Dorian are taken prisoner by mercenary Richard Cold. Dorian must take a terrible risk to protect the treasure... and save their lives."
Anime House Presents 2 was published in 1989 and contains 154 pages. Along with fiction, it contains, material by Cyrissa Adamson, Constance Dickson-Otty, Jeanette Eilke, Pat Malone, Nei Mo Han, Felicia O'Sullivan, Robert Perchaluk, Lawrence Sufrin, TACS and V.M. Wyman. Fiction summaries below are from the title page.
- Electra's Song (Saint Seiya) by Susan Tull "Electra, former Saint of Ares, has defected to Athena. Ares sends an emissary to destroy the traitor,: a man she will not fight."
- The Mole's Hole by RM (Patalliro) by Ron Milles. "Bancoran is a traitor? Maraich mist join forces with Patalliro to find his missing lover and discover the truth."
- Guardian Dear (ZZ Gundam) by Steph Rendino "The ghost of Garma Zabi haunts Hamaa Kaan's palace. His existence is aimless until a meeting with his niece, Mineba, provides the restless spirit with a new purpose."
- In His Debt (Urashiman) by Karen Klinck "A misfire trap imprisons Claude and Rudobihhi beneath the ruins of an abandoned tenement. When personal survival forces a truce between enemies, can things ever be the sam as they were before?"
- Icarus Also Burned (Saint Seiya) by Nei Mo Han "Marin turns to gold Saint Leo-Aoiria for help in rescuing her pupil, Siya. But when the rescue's over, the real story begins."
- Thoughts Contingent on the Totally Rad (Lupin III) by V.M. Wyman "Since he's worked with Lupin III, Goemon Ishikawa has been forced to play many roles. But Goemon as a rock singer? Dressed in leather? With his hair dyed blue? Naahhh. It couldn't happen..."
Anime House Presents 3 was published in 1990 and contains 159 pages.
- Hi There (2)
- What Price Dreams? (Mospeada) by Anastasia Papadatos, art by Heather Bruton (3)
- Voltron County, Episode 1 by V.M. Wyman (22)
- Thoughts Contingent on a Three-Second Warning (Lupin III) by V.M. Wyman, art by Wyman (23)
- Voltron County, Episode 2 by V.M. Wyman (48)
- Don't Use Your Cosmo in the Kitchen! (Saint Seiya) by Jay Felton, art by Cyrissa Adamson (49)
- Voltron County, Episode 3 by V.M. Wyman (58)
- Child of Snow, manga by Heather Bruton (59)
- Forbidden Fruit (Patalliro!) by Steph Rendio, art by APril Lee (68)
- Kiss of a Stranger (Dirty Pair) by Michael Bellinger (90)
- Two Blades (Dunbine) poem and art by Heather Bruton (124)
- Dark Thoughts by Candlelight (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) by Pat Munson-Siter, art by Munson-Siter (125)
- Voltron County, Episode 4/5 by V.M. Wyman (128)
- Be Careful of Your Little Boy (Patalliro!) by Barbara T, art by Lee Dunning (130)
- Ashibe Yoho's 'Crystal Dragon' portfolio and commentary by Heather Bruton (134)
- Hunger/Prey (Catseye) by Karen Klinck (143)
- Submission Guidelines (159)
- Front cover art by Heather Bruton, back cover art by April Lee
- Hi There (2)
- Artist of the Heart (Patalliro! by Janice Hornyak, art by April Lee (4)
- Purple Eyes in the Dark, portfolio by Heather Bruton (14)
- Hunt the Slipper (Urashiman) by Karen Klinck, art by Cyrissa Adamson (20)
- Some Sort of Romantic Tale (DundamHokuto no Ken) by Steph Rendio, art by Larry DeSouza (28)
- Anime portfolio by V.M. Wyman (30)
- Tokyo Splice (Patalliro!) by Ron Miles, art by Heather Bruton (42)
- Thoughts Contingent on a Night to Remember; second part of PDF (Lupin III) by V.M. Wyman, art by Wyman (70)
- Submissions Guidelines (166)
Anime House Presents 5 was published in 1991, contains 150 pages and has fiction from Eroica, Lupin III, Patalliro!, Captain Harlock, Orguss, Albator and SPT Layzner
- Lee Dunning, "Mirror Image" (Patalliro!) 16 pages
- Heather Bruton, "Wild Hunt" (SPT Layzner) 22 pages
- Marilyn Morey, "Reunion" (Captain Harlock) 4 pages
- Jim Cobb, "Vector Home" (poem) (Macross) 2 pages
- Dorian's Turn by JH (Eroica) 12 pages
- Phil Lipari, "Survivor" (Oguss) 7 pages
- Charlie Groarke, "A First Impression" (Lupin III) 14 pages
- Heather Bruton, "The Golden Age of Villainy" (a portfolio) 20 pages
- Susan Crites, "Westward Yo Ho Ho" (Albator, Captain Harlock) 56 pages
Anime House Presents 6 was published in 1992 or before and contains 168 pages.
The art is by Heather Bruton, Frank Gembeck Jr., April Lee, Joyce Norton, Felicie O'Sullivan, Bonnie Reitz, Terrie Smith, Colleen Winters and V.M. Wyman.
- Big Bang by Ryan Mathews (The Dirty Pair)
- Bound by Blood by Karen Klinck (Deimos no Hanayome)
- The Fortune-Teller by Ann Nichols (Deimos no Hanayome)
- Great White Demon by Ron Miles (Deimos no Hanayome)
- Innocence and Old Blood by Catt Kingsgrave-Ernstein (Saint Seiya)
- Mrs. Higgins Gets Her Bat by Ann Nichols (Deimos no Hanayome)
- Thoughts Contingent on a Little Night Music by V.M. Wyman (Deimos no Hanayome/LupinIII)
Anime House Presents 7 was published in 1992 and contains 166 pages. This issue is unique in that it required an age statement to purchase.
The art is by Heather Bruton, Frank Gembeck Jr., Pat Munson-Siter, and Robert Perchaluk.
- The Ballad of Lord Robin by Ryan Mathews (Dirty Pair)
- Civilized Pack by Heather Bruton (Saint Seiya)
- Fallen Angel by Kathleen Moffre (Saint Seiya)
- Feathers in the Wind by Tina Cawi (Shurato)
- My Brother is Myself, How Could He Offend? by Karen Klinck (Allen Street)
- Something to Believe In by Catt Kingsgrave-Ernstein (Samurai Troopers)
- Thieves in the Temple of Love by Ron Miles (Patal Uro!)
Anime House Presents 8 contains 166 pages.
- Turnaround by Deborah J. Bernard (Eroica)
- Babycakes by V.M. Wyman (Lupin III)
- Fire of the Mind by Mark Barnard (Gundam Wing)
- Just Smile and Nod by Catt Kingsgrave-Ernstein (Gatchaman/Dirty Pair)
- The Ramirez Obsession by Steph Rendino (Zeta Gundam)
- Russian Roulette by Kathleen Moffre (Char's Counterattack)
Anime House Presents 9 was published in 1993 and contains 164 pages.
- Strange Bedfellows by Deborah J. Bernard (Macron I) (11 pages)
- The Beast Within by Heather Bruton (Saint Selya) (29 pages)
- Choosing by Catt Kingsgrave-Ernstein (Saint Selya) (11 pages)
- A Short Essay On the Possible Nature of the Athonian Cloths (Saint Selya) (4 pages)
- Fool’s Gold by Lee Dunning (Patalliro! portfolio) (25 pages)
- RG Vola (Portfolio) (8 pages)
- a Lupin III trilogy by V.M. Wyman
- Owner of the Lonely Heart (Lupin III) (18 pages)
- Foreign Affair (Lupin III) (29 pages)
- Grand Designs (Lupin III) (25 pages)
Anime House Presents 10 contains 154 pages.
- "Tryst in Darkness (Deimos no Hanayome) by April Lee
- Voices Soft as Thunder (Saint Seiya) by Heather Bruton
- Surprise! by Catt Kingsgrave-Ernstein (Saint Seiya/Shurato)
- Sympathy with the Devil by Deborah Brown (Macron 1/Deimos & Macron 1)
- Right Under Your Nose by Tracey Dinneen (Robotech)
- A Quiet Trip by Karen Klinck (Samurai Ghostbusters)
- In the Company of My Enemy by Deborah Brown (Macron 1)
- Nightmares by Kamara Lufkin (Devilman)
Anime House Presents 11 contains 150 pages.
- Morning After by Karen Klinck (From Eroica with Love)
- Operation Trouble by Karen Klinck (From Eroica with Love)
- Murder in Low Gee by Jim Cobb (Macross)
- The Elegance of Deception by John Spencer (City Hunter)
- Eyes of Ice and Steel by Deborah Brown (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
- Turn of a Friendly Card by V.M. Wyman (Lupin III)
- humor by Hans
- Mirror Image by LD (Patalliro)
- Thoughts Contingent on the Wrong Box by V.M. Wyman ("Summary: What happens when two infamous thieves are hired independently to steal the same object? They join forces, of course. Whether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen.") (sequel to "Thoughts Contingent on a Blithe Spirit.”)
- from  Anime House catalog