|Type:||fan writer archivist|
|Fandoms:||Lord of the Rings, Mad Max, Shape of Water, Terminator|
tyellas at LiveJournal
thebyrchentwigges at Tumblr
thebyrchentwigges at Pillowfort
Tyellas at Archive Of Our Own
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Tyellas (she/her) is a multi-fandom writer, best known for her activity in the Tolkien fandom. She also wrote for MAS-Zine. She regularly participates in exchanges and auctions, such as Fandom Trumps Hate.
In December 2001, Tyellas became involved with Yahoo groups and posted her first fandom writing there. From 2002, Tyellas posted works on archives and on her own Tolkien fansite, Ansereg. She put together the zine Ansereg - The Grey Book and reports on LOTR movie launches in Wellington. Tyellas also attended and presented at The Tolkien Society conference Tolkien 2005 and wrote two event reports:
In 2018, Tyellas was interviewed by the tumblr Tolkien Fandom History.
Notable Tolkien works
- What Tolkien Officially Said About Elf Sex was widely circulated in 2003 when the final Return of the King movie coincided with the general public learning how to use Google Search.
- Warm Beds Are Good: Sex and Libido in Tolkien's Writing was written in response to “constant reader correspondence about the topic of sex in Tolkien.” See Academic Articles below for more.
- One Ring to Bind Them – 2003 Mithril runner up for Best Silmarillion and Best Drama, and an example of her close to canon AU/verse.
- Elf Slash Sarcasm – 2003 Mithril runner up for Best Humor.
- The Prince - 2004 Mithril winner for Best Characterisation.
- The Unnatural History of Tolkien's Orcs - 2004 Mithril winner for Critical Essay or Research Article.
- Quickening - 2004 Mithril runner up for Best Het.
- Magweth Pengolodh: The Question of Pengolod - 2005 Mithril winner for Best Silmarillion.
Academic articles and citations
- Warm Beds are Good: Sex and Libido in Tolkien’s Writing was published in Mallorn, the Tolkien Society Journal 
- In 2005, under the name Ty Rosenthal, she presented at the Tolkien 2005 conference in Birmingham, on the topic The Arts and Crafts Movement and J.R.R. Tolkien: Middle-earth Imagery and the Philosophy of Craft. Due to the time to resolve handling related art copyrights, and communications being lost while Tyellas moved to a different city in 2006, her article is not included in the conference proceedings. The article was later published in an issue of Aiglos.
- Cited in Sex, Violence, and the Body: The Erotics of Wounding, 2008, Burr, V., Hearn, J., Palgrave MacMillan, in Jenny Alexander's Tortured Heroes: The Story of Ouch! Fan Fiction and Sadomasochism, p. 119 - 136.
In 2015 Tyellas returned to fan writing in the Mad Max fandom.</br> Mad Max Meta
Mad Max Fanfiction and Zines
- Weave a Circle – A retcon of the controversial Furiosa comic. 
- Very Max, Much Wasteland, Such Dog – Fandom trope: Max Gets A Dog.
- Wasteland, Seize My Bones – Three stories with themes of land, spirituality, and indigenous Australian history and worldview.
- The Gastown Triptych: Gastown Nights, Fear and Loathing in Gastown, Citadel Nights.
- Zine of Mad Max genfic, Wasteland Souls