DC Animated Universe
|Name:||DC Animated Universe, Timmverse|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The DC Animated Universe aka Timmverse refers to the DC continuity that consists of a number of properties.
- Batman: The Animated Series (1992–1995)
- The New Batman/Superman Adventures (1997–2000)
- Batman Beyond (1999–2001)
- Static Shock (2000–2004)
- The Zeta Project (2001–2002)
- Justice League (2001–2004)
- Justice League Unlimited (2004–2006)
Feature Length Films
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
- Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (1998)
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (200)
- Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (2003)
- Chase Me (2003)
- Gotham Girls (2000-2002): A Macromedia Flash web cartoon series, this was downloadable from the WB website, and featured DCAU versions of characters voiced by their original actors. A DC Comics miniseries inspired by the web series was released in 2004. All three seasons of Gotham Girls were released on the Birds of Prey DVD box set in 2008.
- Lobo (2000)
A number of comic tie-ins were created that were set in the DCAU. Their canonicity is disputable.
??? Put stuff here about the comics?
Additionally, a number of video games set in the same universe were created.
??? Put stuff here about the games?
A number of characters originally appeared in the DCAU which were then imported into the main DC comics universe due to their popularity. Many of these characters are now considered by fans to be staples of the main universe comics.
- Nora Fries (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Harley Quinn (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Renee Montoya (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Lock-Up (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Sewer King (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Mercy Graves (Superman: The Animated Series)
- Livewire (Superman: The Animated Series)
- Roxy Rocket (The New Batman Adventures)
- Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
- Gray Ghost (Batman: The Animated Series)
Not part of this continuity are the Teen Titans cartoon, The Batman cartoon, the Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon, the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon, the Young Justice cartoon or the Green Lantern: TAS cartoon. Also not part of the universe are the DC Universe Animated Original Movies that have been produced yearly since Superman: Doomsday (2007).
The DCAU is appealing to fans because the canon is rich, yet still fairly limited compared to the sprawling mess that is the main comic continuity. Although they aired over nearly fifteen years, the characters and relationships managed to stay remarkably integrated.
The most popular pairings in this universe are:
- Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent
- Barbara Gordon/Dick Grayson
- Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn
- Joker/Harley Quinn
- Dick Grayson/Bruce Wayne
- Diana/Bruce Wayne
- Shayera Hol/John Stewart
- jl_fic on LJ for fanfic for the Justice League cartoon