The Less Than Legendary Journeys (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys zine)
You may be looking for the website/fiction archive, The Less Than Legendary Journeys.
|Title:||The Less Than Legendary Journeys|
|Fandom:||Hercules: the Legendary Journeys and Young Hercules|
|External Links:||Less Than Legendary Journeys: Fanzine|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Less Than Legendary Journeys is a gen zine with stories from the website by the same name. It was sold each year at MediaWest*Con, and ran for six issues. It was a charity zine, and the profits from each issue were donated to Auckland Ronald McDonald House and Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center. It was a 2001 Fan Quality Award winner for Best Hercules: the Legendary Journeys fanzine. Two issues have color covers by fan artists Karen River and X.
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 1 was published in May 2000.
- Letters Home From the Academy by Liz S.
- Larceny and the Bounty by Artemis Artemis
- Norse by Norsewest Revisited by Martha Wilson (winner of a 2001 FanQ)
- Whose Death is it Anyway? by Fyresong
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 2 was published in May 2001. It included original illustrations by artists Zawiah Zainudin and Kate.
- Buried Treasure by Naomi Prince
- Unidentified Falling Object by Carolyn Golledge (crossover with Star Wars) (A Star Wars/Hercules: the Legendary Journeys crossover story. Han Solo crash lands on a strange planet and meets some unusual natives. Also in Never Say Die)
- How Not to Write by Helena Handbasket
- Dem Bones by Carolyn Golledge, Liz S., and Martha Wilson (also in Never Say Die #9)
- Reputations by Naomi Prince
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 3 was published in May 2002. It included original illustrations by artists Zawiah Zainudin and Kate, and a color cover and inside back cover by artist Karen River.
- Ill-Met by Moonlight by Naomi Prince (winner of a 2003 FanQ)
- King of Thieves by Fyresong
- The Pass by Liz S.
- Future Perfect: Imperative by Artemis Artemis
- Darkness Visible Revisited by Martha Wilson
- Silver Hill by Naomi Prince
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 4 was published in May 2003.
- Interstice by Naomi Prince
- Mirror of the Soul by Carolyn Golledge
- Dark Hunt by Martha Wilson
- The Labor of Neleus by Naomi Prince
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 5 was published in May 2004.
This was a special Egyptian issue with a reprint of "Home is Where the Heart is" and the first printing of the sequel, "The Ninth Plague" by Martha Wilson. Cover and illustrations were by Ahary.
The Less Than Legendary Journeys 6 was published in May 2005 and contains 93 pages. It has a color cover by X.
- Aftermath by Mary Crawford
- Brand Synergy by Naomi Prince
- Night on the Borderlands by Martha Wilson
- Wrecked and Muddy by Carolyn Golledge
- And Now He Writes to Heaven by Mary Crawford
Naughty Bits Issue
- In Vino Salacitas by Artemis Artemis (slash) (winner of a 2003 FanQ)
- Nocturne by Randi DuMois
- Boys Will be Toys by Artemis Artemis
- Imagos by Randi DuMois
- The Arms of Consolation by Mary O'Merta
- You Don't Want To Know by Artemis Artemis
- The Worst Story Opening Ever by Mary O'Merta
- Some Enchanted Evening by Randi DuMois
- Anything But Plovers by Helena Handbasket
- Imagos by Randi DuMois
- How Not To Write a Hercules Slash Story by Helena Handbasket