The Anti-Golden Trio
|Synonyms:||The Silver Trio, The Slytherin Trio, The Trio of Snakes or The Serpent Trio|
|See also:||Silver Trio, The Golden Trio|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Anti-Golden Trio is the most common way of refers to the Harry Potter's fandom three favorite Slytherins, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, and Pansy Parkinson. The name is because of their polar oppositeness to the story's main heroes
Also called The Silver Trio, this second term was widely used by Spanish and Portuguese-speaking fans to name exclusively this student group, but some fans — mainly English speakers — used it to refer to a range of other trios which led to numerous weird and/or funny situations, too as well as debates and jokes about it.
Due to the dispute over the title Silver Trio by several fans in order to represent other trios within the Harry Potter fandom, there is not always a consensus whether the term or not exclusive to designate the formation Draco, Blaise & Pansy. Some comments for and against are always found when discussions about this arise:
The Silver Trio was not something JK Rowling made up, so it depends. You can see Luna, Neville and Ginny as the Silver Trio, for they restarted the DA when Harry, Ron and Hermione (the Golden Trio) were away, but I like to see the Silver Trio as Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson or Theodore Nott, because I see them as the "anti-Golden Trio". So, it depends.
Oh come on, seriously? It’s Luna, Neville and Ginny. They took over Ron, Hermione, and Harry place in the school.
Haha this is so true. I always thought it was Draco, Pansy and Blaise…
As Hispanohablante and Lusophone, of course that I follow the line that if they are The Silver Trio, so we are talking about Draco, Pansy & Blaise because they are Slytherin and snakes use silver and green in your clothes.
if we are only counting during harry’s years at hogwarts, part of me feels that any of the three slytherins would be silver while luna, neville, and ginny be bronze because of the colors. i mean slytherin is green and silver while ravenclaw is blue and bronze so it fits better in my opinion.
i know that pansy, draco, and blaise have been referred to as the anti-golden trio so if anything there is that instead.if we are going for consistency only Draco, Pansy, Blaise, and Al, Rose, Scorp are trios with the combo of 2 boys and one girl, though Luna, Neville, Ginny is still a trio with at least one character being of the opposite gender.
- ^ "What Is The Silver Trio In 'Harry Potter'? These Three Characters Don…". 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.
- ^ "That awkward moment when everybody in the fandom isn't sure what "The Silver Trio" refers to..." 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.
- ^ "HP - Golden and Silver by Jennaris on DeviantArt". 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.
- ^ "Oh come on, seriously?". 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.
- ^ timeturner reblogged this from storiesliveinme and added: Haha this is so true…, taken from the notes of the Tumblr post "that awkward moment... by sermerlin (previously scottishpondicus)". 2013-04-07. Archived from the original on 2013-04-07.
- ^ "As Hispanohablante and Lusophone, of course..." 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.
- ^ "if we are only counting during harry's years at hogwarts…". 2021-08-28. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28.