Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again
|Title:||Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again|
|Date(s):||16 March 2009|
|Genre:||slash fanfiction, RPS|
|Fandom:||Merlin RPF, Merlin|
|External Links:||Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again (LiveJournal)|
Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again (Dreamwidth)
Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again (Audiofic Archive)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again is a Bradley/Colin story by bookshop (8,475 words). It has a Merlin/Arthur subplot told through script and Bradley and Colin acting their way through a fictional season of Merlin.
Summary: ~ If the Mountain will not go to the sea then the river must bring them together.~
Recs and Reviews
- "RPS, actors fall for each other on the set of the slashiest show ever. The thing with Bradley starts (more or less) in broad daylight one afternoon three hours into filming a scene where they have to climb a giant beanstalk."
- "Why the Rec? One, it's bookshop, whose posts never fail to bring joy to my life. Two, it's both Colin/Bradley AND Merlin/Arthur. Three, the styling of the fic is amazing. And Four, not only is it long and squee-filled, it also manages to fit some seriousness in there, just at the edges, and just enough that the stuff that happens between Colin and Bradley is meaningful. I love this fic, like, an unholy amount."
- "Okay, here's the thing. I am not really into RPS, not for any particular reason except time management and interest. If a fandom has a ton of fic, I go that way. However, a dark and terrible couple of weeks ago, there was no new fic and when I checked delicious.com/tag/merlin, I needed something to read and what do you know, there was RPS. [...] I loved this. I mean, it was an incredible read. And honestly? It's not like Aja is not fairly well-known as a writer, but we never shared a fandom and I was curious. And so I went in, a bit wary, a bit hopeful, and came out dazed and startled and re-reading it three more times. I should feedback that sometime, but I'm afraid it would be something rather unreadable. I like the beginning, I like how this never really slows down or speeds up but changes beats instead, going from four to three to cut-time, and the slow growth of something happening that's terrible and wonderful and inevitable, too."
- suaine. Epilogue, 16 March 2009. (Accessed 15 January 2011)
- dreaming_athena. Podfic-Bookshop's Teaching the Indie Kids to Joust Again, 05 August 2010. (Accessed 15 January 2011)
- dreaming_athena in amplificathon. 3 Merlin Podfics, 07 August 2010. (Accessed 15 January 2011)
- The Marci Rating System, March 2009. (Accessed 15 January 2011)
- solarcat. A Couple of Merlin RPS Insta-Recs! =D, 16 March 2009. (Accessed 15 January 2011)
- Seperis. fiction and recs for merlin, 19 March 2009. (Accessed 15 January 2011)