This article looks fab, so far. I do want to encourage you to think FANDOM first, CANON second -- there are a million pieces of writing about canonical Robin Hood, but here's your chance to go to town on the fandom, and how we've reacted to that canon.
(Also, are we going to need a disambiguator at the top for Robin Hood, the long time k/s writer/publisher of Merry Men Press?)Sherrold 01:13, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, you will need one. --rache 15:25, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, with Robin Hood, it's all fandom. There's no official canon. What do you think the ballads were? This is early English fandom from before fans wrote stuff down and songfic was all there was!
- Sure, I know there could be more about the more modern fans of Robin Hood and the film/TV use of the early fandom, but I wanted to make sure this started from the earliest known fandom... which is those 3 ballads I linked to. --HJc 15:16, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm actually thinking this whole page should be a disambig page, with links to separate pages for Robin Hood (British Folklore), Robin of Sherwood, Robin Hood (BBC 2007), the many movies -- from Prince of Thieves to the Patrick Bergin thing to the classic Robin and Marian (great swordfight) to the future Ridley Scott film etc. It's too big a subject, IMO, to try to fit on one page. -Melina 17:00, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm thinking that when the page gets too long, that will be the time to split it up and turn it into a disambig page. At the moment, I'm just planning to write it up as an outline of the various Robin Hood fannish writings and productions that have existed over the centuries: we can do links from the Robin Hood main page to the subsidiary fandoms that sprang off from the main fandom, but I think it would be worthwhile - and kind of fun - to have a central outline of the whole thing from the earliest known ballads to the last film. Robin Hood is my First Fandom (well, co-equal with the King Arthur stories, which are my other First Fandom) - the novels, the ballads, the TV series, the films... all of it. --HJc 20:22, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm in favor of turning this into a disambiguation page and having separate pages for the individual fandoms, too, if only for consistency -- that's how we're handling Merlin, and it seems like it's the best way to go with mythological or archetypal characters that are found in many different fandoms.--Penknife 23:34, 29 October 2008 (UTC)