Talk:Main Page/Archive 1
psst. There's a typo on the main page: Find our more about Fanlore should be Find out more about Fanlore.
Please please add at least one explicit login link (pointing at Special:Userlogin). It says "create an account" and "login with openID", but no plain old login link, very confusing. I think login links at the top and bottom would be good too. -- Msilverstar 23:03, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- I will flag looking into putting additional login/logout links in a more prominent places in the layout on Fanlore:Issues. :) --Hope 04:45, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
I can't create my user page, or any page for that matter; I get the following error:
- You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
- You do not have permission to create new pages.
The help/tutorial pages talk like registered users can create pages; is something set wrong? Jeremygu 23:43, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Jeremy -- The reason you can't create any new pages is a spam protection block. It should unlock automatically, I believe it does it 4 hours after you registered. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have a real spambot problem at the moment! Meanwhile I have created a user page for you: User:Jeremygu. Cheers, Espresso Addict 00:08, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
Contact info for the Committee
- I just tried something. Can you click on the contact link and see what pops up?MeeDee (talk) 20:00, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
- I worry that have an email on the front page like that would lead to lots of spam. I changed it back to a corrected link to our contact form instead. If the contact form isn't working for whatever reason then we'll need to work with the OTW Web Committee and make sure they get fixed (and set up some redirects from the old urls, hopefully). --sparc 05:10, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
- When I used my phone the contact form was broken. Here on my windows desktop (Chrome and Firefox) it now works. So perhaps add a link to the http://fanlore.org/wiki/Fanlore:Contact page because it offers users more ways to reach out. This would be in addition to the "If you have a question or concern, contact us." MeeDee (talk) 05:30, 1 April 2016 (UTC)