Should this be a disamig page with a header and then a lot of links to other major categories of fandoms, such as Comics Fandom, Media Fandom, Band Fandom, RPF Fandom, etc? Oh, and maybe someone could do a venn diagram of that. --rache 18:04, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- That's a great idea. At the moment, it really doesn't work.--Sherrold 18:54, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- I sort of split the difference between this idea and the original page; I figured it still needed some sort of explanation of the term "fandom" and how it applies to things on Fanlore. But I definitely agree that the other kinds of fandom need to be linked and explained on their own pages, without trying to actually explain all the variations here, so I made a more disambig-y list for that. --Arduinna 00:00, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure where to put this interesting link to an outline of the history of fandom in the 1960s. accessed December 18, 2009 User:Mrs. Potato Head|Mrs. Potato Head]] 00:35, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Something is wrong with the first sentence, but I don't know how to phrase it better.
- There is a difference between a fandom and Fandom
- There is a separate page for Fannish Community, but it's not clear from the definition here what the distinction is
- Fandom could mean all fans of a thing taken as a group, whether they actually interact or not