Tales of the City
|Name:||Tales of the City|
|Date(s):||1978 – 2014|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Tales of the City at Wikipedia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Tales of the City is a series of novels by Armistead Maupin. The first novel was originally serialized in the San Francisco Chronicle and published in 1978. Five sequels were written throughout the 1980s, and eighteen years later the series was revived with three additional novels in 2007, 2010, and 2014.
The first novel was adapted into a TV miniseries in 1993 by Britain's Channel 4. Adaptations of the following two installments, More Tales of the City and Further Tales of the City, were produced for Showtime in 1998 and 2001, respectively. In 2017, it was announced that Netflix is developing a revival series set to premiere in 2019 and starring several original cast members from the 1993 series.
The 1993 TV miniseries has received fan attention for starring Paul Gross as Brian Hawkins, making it part of the 6 Degrees of Canada fandom. Brian is thus occasionally subject to same-actor crossovers with Due South and other C6D characters.
- Uncomplicated by malnpudl (2008). Brian/Mouse, NC-17. Podfic by malnpudl (00:11:05).
- Shadows Fade by Kellie Matthews & AuKestrel (2000), third in the Northern Comfort trilogy. Crossover with Hard Core Logo, Brian Hawkins/Billy Tallent. Pairs Paul Gross and Callum Keith Rennie's characters to parallel Due South's Fraser/RayK ship.
- Journey To Healing by DennSedai (2009). Crossover with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Poltergiest: The Legacy. Xander Harris moves to San Francisco after being attacked by his friends for being gay.
Links & Resources
- Tales of the City Series - Armistead Maupin at Archive of Our Own
- Tales of the City (TV) at Archive of Our Own
- Tales of the City at TV Tropes
- Tales-of-the-City tag at Tumblr