|See also:||Aromantic Wiki, Gender and Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Queerplatonic is a term used to describe a relationship between two or more people that deviates from what the people within the relationship deem to be strictly romantic or platonic. The term originates in the aromantic community, and hence fanworks depicting these relationships seem to often have at least one character who identifies as such. The exact definition is intentionally vague in order to be used as an umbrella term. QPP is an abbreviation for queerplatonic.
- The ship name QQPZADR from the Invader Zim fandom refers to queerplatonic Zim and Dib.
- Ineffable Husbands from Good Omens are often portrayed in fanworks and discussions as being in a queerplatonic relationship.
- Merida from Brave has a popular headcanon of being aromantic, and hence relationships involving her, whether in the Pixar film or Once Upon A Time, are often queerplatonic.
- The term Gencest is occasionally used to describe a queerplatonic relationship between the Winchester brothers from Supernatural. There is also a subset of fandom who use the portmanteau SamDean in a strictly platonic sense, overlapping with its use as a synonym for Wincest.
- Yesterday Upon The Stair by PitViperOfDoom (October 2016-October 2019 - Midoriya Izuku and Todoroki Shouto - Boku no Hero Academia)
- Questions of Love and Life by OfMonstersAndWerewolves (July 2020 - Merida and Mulan - OUAT)
- every choice you make creates a universe series by laurajv (2018 to 2019 - ace!Sherlock/aro!John Watson - Sherlock BBC)