|Fandom:||Harrison Ford, Star Wars, Indiana Jones|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Perceptions is a Harrison Ford zine, which includes fan fiction from Star Wars, the Indiana Jones movies, and other films starring Ford. Authors: Anderson, Cargill, Carolyn Golledge, Syrjala, Mason, Maggie Nowakowska, Ann Wortham, Webster. Artists: Fint, Sansom, Cargill, Simon. This zine was published in 1984 and contains 98 pages.
In the submission request, the creators stated that "ALL stories must conform to Lucas guidelines," a nod to the controversy sparked by Open Letter to Star Wars Zine Publishers by Maureen Garrett.
From the Submission Request
The submission request in Far Realms #6 (May 1984) was detailed and contained a perplexing statement regarding "integrity." It also suggested (likely due to poor punctuation) that the two editors were married to the same man...
KENNY: What traumas must he face as he tries to put his life back together?
HAN: Freed of carbon but now caught in the "tender" trap, what lies ahead?
INDY: What digs have you explored with Prof. Jones?
HALLORAN: Is there one true love?
TOMMY: Can law-abiding be as much fun as law-breaking?
DECKARD: What memories does Rachael have today?
BARNSBY: The war ain't over yet -- will he blow it again?
As a rainbow catches a ray of light and sprays it into a million colors so Harrison has captured a personality and presented a myriad of expressions. Join us in the delight of sharing these individual expressions with others.
- all submissions typed or printed clearly
- NO EXPLICIT SEX SCENES don't submit them we don't want to read them even by accident
- keep language ACAP (as clean as possible)
- pen and line drawings
- little or no shading
- 8X10 or smaller size
- photocopy (no originals please)
- we reserve the right to reduce your ill but we will not chop it up
- 1. We don't claim professionalism in anything. This is for fun; we will do our best but English majors we ain't.
- 2. We will not impose personal opinion on your story, the only requirement is to stay in character and make sense.
- 3. Prompt response to all material submitted (we don't like waiting six months either.)
- 4. We're interested in all size pieces from tiny poems to one shots and everything in between but you must fill a page to receive a contribution copy.
- 5. ALL CONTRIBUTIONS, INQUIRIES, ETC. MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SASE. (they don't give stamps away at the PO)
- 6. Deadlines will be met or submission waits until next issue (BIG DREAMERS - issue 2 already)
- 7. Our target date will be September 1, 1984
We are currently seeking interest in this new venture. If there is an acceptable amount of response before May 1, 1984, we will proceed with publication. We must have all interest submissions, inquiries, etc before this date.
Due to finances and time the zine will run approximately one hundred pages published yearly (maybe sooner but time tables fluctuate according to our husband's indigestion)
Anyone interested in any capacity, please contact us with your thoughts. But due to past experiences I will make one warning: if you don't know what integrity means don't bother submitting. We're like the marines, we're looking for a few good fens.
We are willing to try..... now WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!
- Hidden Perils (25 pages) by Carolyn Golledge (Han develops amnesia after an accident. Believing Chewbacca has attacked him, he "escapes" from the Falcon only to meet Darth Vader. (reprinted in Bright Center of the Universe #2 and Never Say Die)
- Tripping the Light Fantastic by Barbara Anderson
- Angel Unawares by Cheree Cargill
- other unknown content