|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
One of the tropes used a lot in Giles/Xander fanfiction is the age difference between the two men. It either involves some Daddy!kink or simply the age difference being called out by one of the characters.
Very popular trope along those lines is Giles having an epiphany of sorts, realizing that Xander is no longer a child, teenager, but a grown man (it was especially used in fic during season four).
In fics set after season six/seven, very popular became Giles comforting and trying to 'fix' broken Xander who, in fics, often has nightmares about the events in season finale(s).
- Authority by EntreNous. Xander treats Giles like a friend. Giles thinks Xander should view him as an authority figure. Light dom/sub. (2006)
- Gotta get with the times - however reluctantly by Reremouse. Giles gets with the times, which march on as times do. He may be mellowing in his dotage. Or not. Probably not. (2015)
- Hands Down by Dr Squidlove. After Giles' hands are injured in an accident, he is dismayed to find himself entrusted to the care of one Xander Harris. He is further dismayed to realise Xander is not irritating him at all. (2008?)
- Kaleidoscope Series by thea_bromine. In the aftermath of ‘Bewitched...’, Giles and Xander get each other into focus. (2011)
- New York by Dr Squidlove. Xander is thirty-seven. Divorced. Two kids. 4000 miles from Sunnydale and his Hellmouth childhood. Also, straight. Only someone forgot to tell Giles. In fact... where the hell is Giles? (2011)
- No Regrets by Mireille. Xander decides it's time for things to go further. (2009)
- Scar Tissue by savoytruffle. Post-series. Giles found what he needed in Xander, but if you're as fucked up as Xander was in Africa, just going home won't necessarily make everything alright. (2008)
- Apples, Oranges, and Pears by antennapedia, What happened when Xander got thrown out of his house just minutes after he turned eighteen. (2006)
Archives & Communities
- The Mind and the Heart: A Giles/Xander Manifesto; archive link at The Shipper's Manifesto by fleur (2004)