|Alternative name(s):||Wes/Faith, Waith|
|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel the Series|
|Archives:||Step Back From the Glass|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Why Wes and Faith? Because the two can be the tortured souls that they are when they're around one another; they can put aside their fascades and just be who they really are in life. They have a long history of failure, torture and longing to be recognized as important contributors. In essence, they have always looked for acceptance from those who chose to ignore them. Together, they have such untapped potential that was never really explored on either show.
When both Faith and Wes appear in season 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, neither of them fits in and both are perceived by other characters (and by some fans as well) as inadequate substitutes for both Buffy and Giles. In a way, the Faith/Wesley pairing is a response to the popular Buffy/Giles ship, and a mirror of it.
The pairing was always darker and more angst driven than its predecesor, with fluff being almost completely nonexistent.
- I Don't Know Where I'll Be Tonight, But I'll Always Tell You Where I Am by Spuffyduds, Faith goes on a road trip, and finds herself needing to send someone a travelogue. Set post-Chosen Ao3 Link
- Ravages of Spirits by Mala, A filler ficlet for "Release."
- Secretary by Allegraslade, Bit, Darling Effect, and Jane Davitt. A repressed lawyer hires an emotionally unstable young woman and an unlikely romance grows as they explore their mutual kink. AU-Secretary Fusion. Ao3 Link (2004)
- Dreams by WesFan1234. After a demon war breaks out on the West Coast, Wesley, Faith, Connor and Dawn attempt to run to safety only to find they may have left people behind. Goes AU after "Home". Also has Connor/Dawn. Ao3 Link (2004)
- Guardian Angel by wesfan1234, Wesley gets the toughest job after dying. Did he make the right choice? Post-NFA (2004)
- Cold As It Gets by enigmaticblue, Set in a very AU world after the BtVS S6 episode Grave and the Ats S4 episode, Orpheus. Spike never shows up in Sunnydale, Faith sticks around in L.A., since there's no First Evil to worry about in Sunnydale, and Angel and Connor manage to prevent Jasmine from rising. The AI gang is left fragmented until the Powers That Be decide to intervene. Established relationship (2014)
- Step Away From the Glass, a wesley/faith fanfiction archive
- Wes/Faith at Wesley Fanfiction Archive
- Wesley & Faith Fiction at Axis Of Love
- Step Away from the Glass, main page, last accessed January 24th, 2013.