|Fandoms:||Blake's 7, Firefly, Lord Peter Wimsey|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Executrix is a fan writer, working in Blake's 7 and Firefly. She is best known and admired for her witty fics, which are often pastiches of other popular (or more obscure) genres or works, such as the Austen canon or 'Cabaret'.
Executrix specialises in setting her source property in other times and places. Rather than localising it, this universalises it; Blake belongs as much in the university protest culture of the 1960s as he does in his own futuristic time. For anyone alive then (guilty, m'lud) this is an evocative, nostalgic fic; for those not around at the time it's a bit of a political education. And a very good read. To quote Una McCormack; "This is a superb piece of politically critical fiction; it could only exist as fanfiction, and is all the better for it. Anyone claiming that fanfiction cannot be as good as profiction should be forced to read this story until they understand the point." 
While reccing one of her stories, LJ user grumpoldusenaut commented "Executrix's take on the characters is wildly different from most people's, yet still manages to convince while you're reading the story." Other unconventional views include the idea that Blake's 7 character Kerr Avon is probably a Beta grade, rather than an Alpha (or Alpha Elite).
Although she embraces a wide variety of pairings (often for comic effect), around half of her Blake's 7 fics contain the pairing Blake/Avon. However, while she thus considers herself a B/A shipper, Executrix has also called herself an "anti shipper", saying of the pairing "I’m damn sure they’re doing it. I just wish they wouldn’t".
She wrote the essay Drowning in Waving.
- Ask-Tell-Pursue (Avon/Travis)
- A Bunch of Us: Or, Gand Candy (Avon/Ethan, Gan/Joyce, Giles/Ethan, crossover with Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Portrait of a Pair Bond (Various, including Blake/Avon, but Avon/Anna, Avon/Anna/Servalan, Vila/Kerril, Jenna/(Deeta)Tarrant, Cally/Tyce, Dayna/OCM...)
- Purple Haze (link) (Various, including Avon/OMC)
- Court/Ship (Inara/Simon, Kaylee/Jayne, Mal/Nandi, based on Jane Austen's Emma)
- Gaudeamus Igitur, Maturae Dum Sumus: A Detective Story With Love Interruptions. Slash take on Gaudy Night (Lord Peter Wimsey)