|Type:||fan writer, moderator|
|URL:||chryslin at FanFiction.Net|
Chryslin at Gryffindor Tower (defunct)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Chryslin was a Harry Potter fan writer. She was a founding member and "Queen" of the Harry/Ginny archive Gryffindor Tower until late 2001, when she left fandom after her husband was discovered to be harassing Cassandra Claire.
Chryslin was best known for her story Deconstructing Harry, which was based on Imogen's Carpe Diem series. She also wrote an unfinished WIP called "Politics of Dancing"; in a 2004 response to FanFiction.Net reviews of the story, Chryslin wrote:
- "Thank you for all the great reviews. Unfortuntely [sic] I ran out of H/G steam a long time ago and with the demise of [GT?], I've totally lost my will to H/G. I just had to write and apologize to those who asked for an update - I always HATED it when someone dropped a story in the middle. But thanks anyway."
Chryslin's stories were also hosted at The Sugar Quill and listed under their "Professor's Bookshelf," but they were removed by the Sugar Quill mods after the stalking incident. Her stories remained up at Gryffindor Tower until its closure in 2003, and can still be found at FanFiction.net.
- In The MsScribe Story, Charlotte Lennox writes: "My understanding is that ... GT resisted [removing Chryslin as an admin] ... However, I believe that at this juncture Chryslin decided to leave the fandom and the point became moot."
- Ashwinder (tartanboxers) on LiveJournal. WELCOME BACK. 25 June 2003. (Accessed 20 May 2013.)
- Reviews for Politics of Dancing at FanFiction.Net. Dated 10 April 2004. (Accessed 20 May 2013.)
- The Sugar Quill. Flourish and Blotts. (Archived 18 October 2001 by the Wayback Machine.)
- The MsScribe Story: An Unauthorized Fandom Biography, Chapter One, section "Late 2001 - The Stalking War." Posted 15 June 2006. (Accessed 20 May 2013.)