|Moresome · Ship · Pairing|
|Alternative name(s):||B/A/S, B/S/A, S/B/A|
|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Other:||Buffy/Angel, Buffy/Spike, Angel/Spike|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Buffy has had sexual relationships with both Spike and Angel in canon. Her romantic relationship with Angel, ended abruptly when Angel lost his soul and Angelus returned and tormented the young slayer. After Angel's soul was returned, they began a relationship again but neither were willing to consummate it due to their fear of Angel losing his soul. Buffy always viewed Angel as her first love.
In season 6, Buffy and Spike began a sexual relationship. They kept their relationship a secret from others and both characters were abusive towards one another during the relationship. Buffy breaking up with Spike lead to him leaving to have his soul restored. Spike and Buffy grew close in the final season but did not restart their relationship.
In canon, Spike and Angel were often rivals; first for the affection of Drusilla, and later Buffy.
The pairing of these three appears to have begun as a solution to a love triangle. (?)
Spike and Angel's jealousy of each other is often the jumping off point for fics in this pairing. Sometimes Angel becomes aware that Spike and Buffy are involved in a sexual relationship and his jealousy causes him to confront the other two. The two vampires may also have competing claims to the Slayer, arising from the fact that they have both bit her. The rivalry between the two vampires often angers Buffy, but can still lead to a polyamorous relationship.
Several fics also show this pairing arising as a loophole, allowing Angel and Buffy to have a sexual relationship without Angel losing his soul. The theory been that Angel could never be truly happy if Spike was there.
Other fics are set Post-NFA and see the three finding happiness after the apocalypse .
Meta & Discussion
- Inextricably Linked: an essay on B/A/S by Nevernever (elucidate_this) (Oct 2004)
- Monkey in the Middle, or Does the Order of Your Threesome Matter? by romanyg (Mar 2004)
- 10 simple rules to write B/A/S (Apr 2004) and Attack of the crazy B/S/A shipper!!! (Aug 2004) by netweight
- The Sin Wagon Series by Laure Alexander, Buffy meets Spike in an alley and has sex with him...but is there more to it than that? Buffy cheating on Angel with Spike leads to the three beginning a polyamorous relationship.
- Three Hearts Entwined by Mrs. Muir, The three are thrown into a relationship by mutual needs but end up deciding this is the best relationship for them when they realize they are in love with the other two. Set after season 3 with canon rearreanged to suit the story. And its sequel, Menage a Trois
- Mating by Herself_nyc, Out of sorts, out of place, and in danger of being out of her mind soon, if something didn't change, Buffy needed a change of scene, even if it ended up being humiliating. Set Post-NFA
- Bringing him back by Ducks, After the events of AtS:Reunion, Angel goes off the deep end and disappears. Only his Childe and the love of his life can save him from madness. (2000)
- Because Cavemen Have Fire by elisi, Post-NFA (2006)
B/A/S Sites & Communities
- deadly passions, a fansite and archive
- B/A/S Adult Het/Slash/Tri Fanfic at Yahoo! Groups
- basfic at LiveJournal
- Sweet Raptured Life, a fanlisting (offline; Wayback Machine link)
- Angel/Spike/Buffy Summers tag at Archive of Our Own
- Buffy S., Angel, Spike pairing filter and Buffy S., Angel, Spike character filter at FanFiction.Net
- S/A/B fics, a reclist by netweight (Apr 2004)