|Trope · Genre|
|Synonyms:||temporary bond, magical bond, handcuffed together|
|See Also:||trapped in an elevator|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Bound Together is a bonding trope in which two characters are chained together, psychically or physically, either through magical or technological means. The usual result (in ship fic) of all this one-on-one "bonding" time is that the characters either fall in love or realize they were in love all along.
In Death Note L handcuffs himself Light with a long chain in order to observe Light at all times, and they remain chained together for the majority of the "Yotsuba Arc." Exploring the development of their relationship during their period is a popular L/Light trope.
- The Avengers Movieverse: A Little Tied Up Right Now by gladdecease. Bruce handcuffed to the Black Widow. Gen. Words: 822 (2013)
- Blake's 7: A Mile Away With Their Shoes by Aralias. Gan & Orac friendship (2014)
- Harry Potter: Thicker Than Blood by CorvetteClaire. A medical spell enables Harry to donate his life-force energy to keep Draco alive, but they have to stay in close proximity or suffer intense pain. (2003)
- Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Unbreakable Bond by leviathan. To save Harry and Ron's lives, Hermione casts an ancient marriage spell that can never be broken. (2006-2010)
- SGA: Advantage by Resonant. Aliens make John want to be very near to and obey Rodney. (2005)
- SGA: Decreasing Radii by cathalin. An alien device forces John and Rodney to get closer, and closer, and closer.... (2008)
- Teen Wolf: Every Step You Take by Nokomis. A spell gone wrong forces Stiles and Derek to stay within six feet of one another or suffer intense pain. (2012)
- Teen Wolf: I Need Your Touch by Emeraldawn. So being cursed by a witch…not so bad. Especially when that curse had you attached to two hot werewolves. Seems like Stiles’ only problem is now the curse of the impromptu erection. Derek/Isaac/Stiles; threesome Words: 11,906 (2013)