Alone (Merlin vid)
|Date:||04 October 2010|
|Music:||Alone by Heart|
|Genre:||slash vid, Lord King Bad|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: What if Arthur has hidden depths?
Recs and Reviews
- "Yes. Alone. Alone. By Heart. Because hello, Arthur has some fucking depths, bitches. And he wants to get Merlin alone. Like, now. I mean, a lot, apparently. In his manpain. Specially recommended is any moment Arthur makes like a Dark Ages Byron and stares into the distance looking sixteen hundred years too early for emo and desperately wishing for a guitar while pondering his miserable life. Also, you never really realize how much Merlin and Arthur have embraced the idea that personal space is so last major religious shift in the west until, you know, you watch."
- "A Merlin/Arthur vid featuring pining!Arthur. This is hilarious but not funny-ha ha. It's practically an ode to the story-videos of the 80's. It's aww-worthy and romantic and just pure fun. The images she chose fit the song perfectly. It's AMAZING. HEE."
- "This is entirely charming. I think my favorite part is the unicorn. Or when the dragons sing. Or the bit at the beginning when the drums kick in on the swordfight. Or the part where you build to that by showing us Arthur putting his helmet on. Or Arthur's moony eyes. Or how cute they are together in the last chorus. Okay. All the parts are my favorite part."
- "Seriously, people. It has been a week since my first viewing of this vid, and this song has lodged in my head like it's set in concrete, filling my days with a) "how can I get you alone?" and b) Arthur's sincere and true emo pain of painingness and emosity. One of these things is wonderful. The other becomes intolerable at around the thirtieth hour. That is the conundrum of this vid: it will make your life better and happier and bring you joy right up until it makes you insane. [...] What I'm saying is: if I disappear, blame sisabet. (Also Heart. I'm not entirely sure those people should ever have been allowed to record anything if this is what happens when you hear their music.) But you know what? This vid is worth it. It makes the whole '80s worth it, too. Watch it! For the dragon singing! And Arthur's manpain set to guitars! And his single perfect tear by proxy."
- seperis. vidrec: alone by sisabet, merlin fandom, 04 October 2010. (Accessed 08 October 2010)
- ella_bane. Merlin/Arthur Vid Rec, 04 October 2010. (Accessed 08 October 2010)
- laurashapiro. The Lord King Bad Vid lives!, 05 October 2010. (Accessed 08 October 2010)
- thefourthvine. The One in Which the Armor Is a Metaphor for Arthur's Isolation and Angst. Or Maybe the Unicorn Is the Metaphor. Or the Windows. This Thing Has a Lot of Damn Metaphors, Basically. from 211: I Like to Watch recs post, 20 October 2010. (Accessed 03 April 2011)