Lord King Bad
|Synonyms:||LKBV, Lord King Bad Vid|
|See also:||vidding, crack, crack!vid, id vortex, Badfic, Ironic Distance|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- "You know a LKBV when you see it. It is a horrible concept combined with compelling execution. You can't look away. It becomes something more to you. You start to think that, YES! Kenny Loggins was always singing about Angel and you just never realized it before. It's the vid your inner twelve-year-old thinks is the best thing ever!"
The term "Lord King Bad Vid" was coined by Zen, aka vagabondage, and Sisabet. The original Lord King Bad Vid idea was for an Invisible Man Fawkes/Hobbes vid set to "All the Way" and the term is still in use in 2010.
Lord King Bad Fic is also occasionally used to describe fanfiction which acknowledges but makes no apologies for sentiment, cliche, or mawkishness, but pursues the goal with utter sincerity.
- "[S]ee, the key to the Lord King Bad designation is, as far as I can tell, to use all your talent, skill, passion, and belief to pursue an idea that you would totally have loved when you were 13."
- Lord King Bad Vid Moving On Up: The George and Weezie Edition, 25 May 2006, (Accessed 16 October 2008)
- Sisabet Vividcon 2006 Lord King Bad Vid (Wayback Machine) (Accessed 23 July 2022)
- vagabondage, 'Untitled Comment', 8 August 2005, (Accessed 3 December 2008)
- The Lord King Bad Vid lives! Laura Shapiro describing sisabet's Merlin vid Alone, 05 October 2010. (Accessed 18 December 2010)
- The Fourth Vine, Slashy Awards 151: Grave, Where Is Thy Victory?, 19 September 2008, (Accessed 16 October 2008)