|Format:||feedback-based system of voting|
Subpages for ASC Awards:
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The ASC Awards were founded in 1995 by Stephen Ratliff. It was run every year since up until 2009, when the awards were cancelled for lack of sufficient eligible stories. The awards-runners, Rocky and Stephen, announced the cancellation on January 2, 2010, although they left the option open to revive the awards in 2010 given sufficient eligible stories, and promised to include any eligibible 2009 stories in that pool.
The awards use a feedback-based system of voting, by line-counting feedback given on stories during the award voting. Line counting was used for the first few years, but by 2000, this has been replaced by character count of non-white-space characters. Points were assigned by a scale of either character or line count. The first year there was a three-point scale, and a five-point scale was used until 2000, when a ten-point maximum was created.
Nominations for categories only occurred for what was then known as the Best Author Award in 1995. All stories and authors posted to ASC between February First and January Thirty-first of each awards year were categorized, complete or incomplete, unless the author withdrew the work. Reposts did not count, but significant revisions could count on the author's request and review of the coordinators. A story that received comments was referred to as a recommended work in a Newsgroup Would Like to Recommend post before the winners were posted.
Winners for years 1995-2004 can be found on the ASC website. The sole exception is 1997 which was omitted and is listed at Fanlore, along with years 2005-2008. The awards were discontinued in 2009. Pen names may not be the name originally won under, as some authors have changed their pen name for various reasons and asked the archive team to correct on all works.
|ASC Awards—Individual Years||1995-96||1997||1998||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008|
Winners are also listed here, and these pages contains links to content.
- Original Series; Archive
- Next Generation; Archive
- Deep Space Nine; Archive
- Voyager; Archive
- Enterprise; Archive
- Miscellaneous; Archive
- Rocky - Awards Coordinator (2005–present)
- Djinn - Assistant Awards Coordinator
- Stephen Ratliff - Awards Technology Support (2005–present)
- Seema, Award Coordinator (2002-2004)
- Stephen Ratliff, Awards Coordinator (1995-1997), (2000-2002)
- Charles Rando, Awards Coordinator (1998)
- Kattz, Awards Coordinator (1999-2000), Assistant Awards Coordinator (1998)
- Alex Voy Assistant Awards Coordinator (2005-2006)
- Rocky Assistant Awards Coordinator (2004)
- Sara Goose Assistant Awards Coordinator (2002-2003)
- Jenn, Vote Counter (1999)
- 2009 ASC Awards, posted to alt.startrek.creative, January 2, 2010. Accessed January 7, 2010.
- Named after Macedon AKA Little Otter
- ASC Awards, April 17, 2007