|Also Known As:||Requires Hate, Benjanun Sriduangkaew (pro SF name), pyrofennec, acrackedmoon, and others|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
She ran the blog "requires only that you hate" from 2011 to 2013 under the "winterfox" pseud. Around the same time, she started writing professionally under the name Benjanun Sriduangkaew. The connection between the two pseuds started to be circulated in 2014 and was ultimately stated publicly by her friend Nick Mamatas in October. In November 2014, Laura J. Mixon posted an expose to her blog about winterfox's behavior harassing other fans and sf writers; A Report on Damage Done by One Individual Under Several Names won the author a Hugo Award. Winterfox continues to write under her profic name.
After Mamatas outed her, she posted an apology on the requires hate blog where she stated:
I was an asshole for years and said a lot of crap I regret, only I wasn’t big enough to own up to it and apologize then. It’s a huge accumulation of being shitty, I hurt a lot of people. I’m sorry I didn’t grow up and learn better sooner. I toned down as the years went by, but in the process of that I should have made apologies as I went along, not waited until the end. Unfair yes, shitty yes. Because I was an asshole who just didn’t want to admit she was wrong.
Other fans say that she continued to behave badly after this apology, and the apology is not widely believed.
Sridauangkew and her friends allege that an ongoing campaign of outing followed the publishing of A Report on Damage Done by One Individual Under Several Names, which "has seen wide support from Laura J. Mixon and Teresa Nielsen Hayden, among others." Other fans take issue with this characterization, especially since Mamatas had already revealed her identity before the report came out.
In June 2020, YA/SFF novelist Rin Chupeco wrote a public Twitter thread identifying Chupeco as a past target of harassment from Requires Hate/Winterfox. 
Some Fic and Essays
- A Report on Damage Done by One Individual Under Several Names (2014)
- A crititcal response to "A Report..."
- A reanalisis of the databse in the mixon report
- winterfox tag at fail_fandomanon's wiki backup
- Original blog(now only apology post)
- second apology
- Is Requireshate (aka Winterfox, Acrackedmoon, Pyrofennic) about to be exposed?, Archived version, blog post by Will Shetterly, August 2, 2014.
- "Anyway, Benjanun Sriduangkaew used to blog under the name Requires Only That You Hate.... I am writing this on ello because nobody reads ello." untitled post by mamatas - ello, Archived version
- Aja Romano. Acclaimed sci-fi writer exposed as notorious Internet troll, Archived version, The Daily Dot, Nov 12, 2014.
- Benjanun Sriduangkaew apologises, Archived version, blog post by Martin Wisse, October 20, 2014.
- apologies and finality, Archived version, posted October 15, 2014.
- Six Months and Counting, medium post by Sridauangkew, Mar 12, 2015. archived.
- comment at File 770, March 13, 2015: "What a bunch of bullshit.... Anyone who believes what she says about her own behavior is a fool." Benjanun Sriduangkaew Counterattacks, Archived version
- Rin Chupeco on Twitter: Sorry, guys. But if you are friends with Benjanun S. I am going to soft block you now. No exceptions. / You see, while you’re rehabilitating her shitty actions while she was winterfox and Requires Hate, you forget some of the people she targeted became authors themselves / Like me., Archived version