|Fandom:||Community (TV series)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Troy Barnes is a main character on the US sitcom Community.
Before the series began, Troy was a Riverside High School football star and prom kind, who lost his football scholarship due to a shoulder injury caused by a keg-flip gone wrong. He later admitted that he intentionally injured himself to escape the pressure of playing ball at a big university, but happily plays for the horrible Greendale team.
After joining the study group, Troy quickly develops a close friendship with Abed, and his personality develops from egotistical jock to lovable geek. Troy can be slightly dim - he doesn't know who Stalin was, and he thought psycho-pharmacology was a class about crazy farm animals. He can also be immature. For example, he breaks into the school's PA system to announce the phrase "butt soup" over the intercom, and later gives his name as Troy "Butt Soup" Barnes while he and Abed host a political commentary program for Greendale Campus TV.
Nearly all fanworks involving Troy also center on his best friend and partner(-in-crime?) Abed. Even when Troy is being paired romantically with another character, Abed generally plays a large role in the story.
Troy is one half of the show's slash OTP (Abed/Troy). He is also commonly paired with Annie (who had a crush on him in high school), and Britta (with whom he has a flirtation in seasons two and three).
- Community Season 1, Episode 1 Pilot
- Community Season 1, Episode 6 Football, Feminism and You
- Community Season 1, Episode 5 Advanced Criminal Law: "The only difference between Senor Chang and Stalin is that I know who Senor Chang is."
- Community Season 1, Episode 20 Contemporary American Poultry
- Community Season 2, Episode 17 Intro to Political Science
- Community Season 2, Episode 16 Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking
- Community Season 1, Episode 14 Interpretive Dance
- Community Season 1, Episode 10 Environmental Science
- Community Season 1, Episode 15 Romantic Expressionism
- Community Season 1, Episode 7 Introduction to Statistics