The Incestuous Courtship of the Antichrist's Bride
|Title:||The Incestuous Courtship of the Antichrist's Bride|
|Length:||~48,000 words - 4:58:16 hrs|
|Genre:||slash, Wincest, crack-horror|
|External Links:||fic on LJ; audiobook; PDF; eBook|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
It is a humorous tongue in cheek tale of Sam Winchester accepting his role (reluctantly) as the Anti-Christ. In doing so, he inadvertently signs up his brother Dean to be his consort/bride. Matchmaking angels and demons, ritualistic sex on altars and drunk dialing phone calls to Satan are some of the more popular plot-points from the story.
As part of the Big Bang, artwork for the fic was provided by wanttobeatree & vamptastica.
- Author's summary: Sam is trying to become the Antichrist in order to save the world. He has a small army of angels and demons, he has an adoring cult, he has a work of prophecy by Jack Kerouac, and he has Dean. Things are going pretty well until he accidentally signs Dean up as his Beloved Consort, a role that requires sex with the Antichrist on an altar. And that's when things stop going pretty well. Also, the soundtrack to the Apocalypse sucks.
- "But, if you do want some truly spectacular fan-written apocrypha, I highly recommend fleshflutter's fabulous fic 'The Incestuous Courtship of the Antichrist's Bride'. It's hilarious, well-written, and features mock apocrypha written by Jack Kerouac. It's great."
- "I'd marry this fic in a shotgun Vegas wedding if I could."
- "It is HILARIOUS and hot and awesome." 
- "Let me just begin by saying that this is one of the most fantastic Wincest fic's out there. It's just...ugh. In fact, when I'm done here, I'm going to go read it again. In my opinion, it's so fantastic because it's got an air of realism (as far as you can have realism in wincesty Supernatural fic). Dean might start out reluctant after Sam's super booboo, but after the help of an entire creative cast of angels and demons, even he comes around to it."
- "This fic is probably the one that made me fall in love with Wincest. It's hilarious. The boys get themselves into a ridiculous situation, and it is fantastic start to finish."
- "This is the kind of crackfic that totters around on six-inch heels, clutching a magnum of Champagne whilst on a ledge blindfolded. I think it fell off right before the end, but that's really me and my issues. I'm not sorry I read it, and I think fans of the genre will get a lot out of it. It's smart crackfic, and it has something to say."
- Cross Roads Blues Translation Index, accessed November 11, 2011.
- Comment of randomfandom93 in the post of proffesorx in spnstoryfinders, dated September 12, 2011, accessed November 11, 2011.
- comment of temporalranger in the post of catrinasusanne in spnstoryfinders, dated Dec 27, 2010, accessed November 11, 2011.
- Tweet by sulwen on October 19, 2011, accessed November 11, 2011.
- Wincest Wednesdays Fic Recs on Tumblr, dated April 28, 2011, accessed November 11, 2011.
- Wincest Recs post on Tumblr by proudlyfreckled, dated 2 Feb 2012, accessed 4 Feb 2012.
- Fandom: Supernatural rec post dated Dec 21, 2010; reference link.
- Big Bang Art Post by vamptastica dated June 8, 2009, accessed November 11, 2011; WebCite.
- Big Bang Art Post by wanttobeatree, dated June 8, 2009, accessed November 11, 2011; WebCite.