Taylor Hanson/Alex Greenwald
|Pairing:||Taylor Hanson/Alex Greenwald|
|Alternative name(s):||Taylor/Alex, Talex, Taylex|
|Fandom:||Hanson and Phantom Planet|
|Canonical?:||rumored to be|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The two are rumored to have had an on-again, off-again relationship from roughly 2001 to 2005. Rumors along these lines are well known in both bands' fandoms, and even in wider celebrity gossip circles     .
In spite of all the rumors, the two have rarely been photographed together. In fact, they have only been definitively seen together in public twice--in 2003 when Hanson joined Phantom Planet at the Lifebeat concert for one song and in 2011 when Taylor included a selfie of the two of them in a photo diary .
Because of its persistent rumored nature, there is plenty in this relationship for fans to explore. If it did indeed happen, it happened at the same time that Taylor/Natalie were dealing with their own relationship drama and subsequent shotgun wedding.
However, little to no fics exist that focus on this as a main pairing. Instead, Alex is often portrayed as a former flame turned friend, usually in stories that also feature Zac/Taylor. He is sometimes shown as a negative influence on Taylor, given that many iterations of the rumors suggest that they did drugs together. He's equally as likely to be a sort of lovable jackass who loves Taylor and means well, even if he is an antagonistic presence.
- Avenues by Diamond, which focuses on Zac/Taylor, whose relationship is discovered by Alex
- Guilt by Abby, in which Alex resurfaces when Taylor's life is falling apart, largely due to his relationship with Zac
- If I could Breathe by Tracy
- SNAFUBAR by Ali, in which Alex turns out to by Taylor and Tommy Joe Ratliff's biggest ally
- Taylor Hanson History Lesson (for non-Hanson fan SNAFU readers)
- alex greenwald post
- cardenlovah. Alex & Taylor, posted in bandfandom_ref, 20 February 2010.
- itt: alex greenwald
- A Blind Gossip article on Alex and his rumored sexuality
- Who's Dated Who page on Alex and Taylor
- phantom planet lifebeat 2003
- Best of the Fest: Taylor Hanson Reports From the V Festival
- MMMCock '09