Talk:The Mortal Instruments
I was working on some stuff for The Infernal Devices page, and the more I wrote about it, the more I thought it might be a better idea to merge these two pages into a franchise page. In the end, while you could read the two separately, I think most people read both and the fandoms overlap 90% of times. A lot of stuff would just be repeated on both pages.
The official name for all the books set in this universe (two more novel series will be published) is "Shadowhunter Chronicles" (at least on Cassandra Clare's website), so that could be the name of the page. Then, in case the fandoms differentiates themselves further (with the upcoming TV show, maybe) we could add single pages.
- I'm not familiar with the fandom, but your plan sounds reasonable. On AO3, the fandom meta tag is Shadowhunter Chronicles, and and Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments are subtags.--aethel (talk) 14:44, 4 October 2015 (UTC)
- As somebody who is exclusively in the Shadowhunters TV show part of fandom on Tumblr, I think we should go with Shadowhunter Chronicles as a category for all the things, and since the fandom for the books is pretty much the same, all books should probably go either on a Shadowhunter Chronicles or (and this is what I would lean strongly towards) on the Mortal Instruments page - because no matter what CC calls the series the fandom refers to the series as TMI. Then we put things that are exclusively book fandom in the book subcategory and those exclusively show fandom in the show subcategory. --Alex (talk) 15:09, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
Page could use (these and more):
- Examples of fanworks - fic, art, meta
- Fanon about the characters or ships; links to pages for them
- Any drama or kerfuffles in the history of the fandom
- Uploads of an example or two of fanart; examples of other fanworks
- Discussion of the differences, if any, between book fans and tv/movie fans
- More details about common tropes and settings for fanworks
- Is there any known reaction to fandom by the creators?
- Notes about BNFs in the fandom and what they are known for
- Longer intro - something about the series theme/genre/tropes, esp how those appeal to fans