So Speaks the Hero
|Title:||So Speaks the Hero|
|External Links:||Ashton Press site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
So Speaks the Hero is a gen Highlander anthology.
- Full Circle by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Brittle Blade by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- Goodbye, My Friend by Ruth Calkins--A bittersweet alternate universe where Duncan doesn't disappear at the end of Archangel. Richie Ryan's friends bid him a final farewell. (3 pages)
- Blues for the Baby by Shomeret (poem)
- Once a Horseman by S Hall, illustrations by Dani Lane--After the Civil War, Methos wanted nothing more than to wander the wide open spaces of the Old West. But Fate seemed determined to put him in the path of a family in need...and just as determined to make certain he never forgot his past... (29 pages)
- Methos by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- My Side by E.A. Kowols--Cassandra's POV after "Revelation 6:8". (1 page)
- The Highwaywoman by F MacDonald (Duncan/Amanda)--Duncan and Amanda have an encounter and an adventure in the days before MacLeod left Scotland. (4 pages)
- There Will Be Lightning by Shomeret (poem)
- Mortal Remains by Eve Missoula--After Alexa's death, Methos returns to Seacouver to take care of her estate and relives some of the wonderful times they shared together in Greece.... (14 pages)
- My Lady by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- New Recruit by S.M. Palmer--An alternate universe first season story wherein Richie is recruited by Joe Dawson as a Watcher. (9 pages)
- Epiphanies by S.M. Palmer--Continuing the alternate universe begun in "New Recruit," Richie Ryan, now living in Paris with Duncan MacLeod and Tessa, finds himself swept up in a search to find the murderer of Darius' while trying to deal with his own unexpected Immortality. Along the way, he finds an unlikely ally in a fellow, Watcher...Adam Pierson! (44 pages)
- Witness by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Sensuality Blues by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- Bad Moon Rising by Kronette: Methos has a bad few days. A full moon, a Quickening, Halloween... (11 pages)
- Song of Methos by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- The Blue Bus by Susanna--A tale set in the modern day about Kronos and one of his students. (21 pages)
- Infinite Regrets by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Rebellion's Last Spark by S Fillingham--An alternate universe follow-up to the fifth season episode, Archangel. Joe and Methos are off on a tour of the world together, but MacLeod is still out there somewhere and Joe fears that the Highlander has gone completely insane. (10 pages)
- The Best Revenge by Devo--In the aftermath of Bordeaux, Cassandra tries to move on with her life.... (8 pages)
- Katana by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- The Seduction of Joe Dawson by E.A. Kowols--An old friend of Duncan's finds common ground and love with a mortal Watcher.... (9 pages)
- Methos Hallmark Cards by L Rosenthal: A collection of favorite greeting cards from one Immortal to another. (8 pages)
- The Immortal Scrooge by Susanna & Attilla the HunEE--Charles Dickens and Christmastime seem to go together...the title of this story pretty much says it all! (16 pages)
So Speaks the Hero 2. 110 pages of reduced print. Full color cover of Methos by Karen River. Interior artwork by Dani Lane and L Rosenthal.
- Ashes, Ashes by M. C. Christjansen--Methos remembers a poignant episode in his past.
- Time Is On My Side by S Hall--A crossover with the X-Files finds Methos and Duncan visiting Mulder where Mulder finds out he's met Methos once before...
- Meanwhile, Back in France by J Madge--Jack Shapiro returns, bent on revenge, and Richie finds himself in the middle of Shapiro's ongoing vendetta against the Immortals.
- Isle of Avalon by P Chapman--A rogue Watcher and a bad Immortal are reason enough for Joe and Duncan to team up for an adventure in England!
- Fearful Symmetry by T Kinkel--The ever-talented Tanja takes us into the mind and history of Kenny.
- more stories by C. Shettle and poetry by Shomeret.