So Speaks the Hero
|Title:||So Speaks the Hero|
|External Links:||Ashton Press site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
So Speaks the Hero is a gen Highlander anthology.
- Full Circle by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Brittle Blade by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- Goodbye, My Friend by Ruth Calkins--A bittersweet alternate universe where Duncan doesn't disappear at the end of Archangel. Richie Ryan's friends bid him a final farewell. (3 pages)
- Blues for the Baby by Shomeret (poem)
- Once a Horseman by S Hall, illustrations by Dani Lane--After the Civil War, Methos wanted nothing more than to wander the wide open spaces of the Old West. But Fate seemed determined to put him in the path of a family in need...and just as determined to make certain he never forgot his past... (29 pages)
- Methos by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- My Side by E.A. Kowols--Cassandra's POV after "Revelation 6:8". (1 page)
- The Highwaywoman by F MacDonald (Duncan/Amanda)--Duncan and Amanda have an encounter and an adventure in the days before MacLeod left Scotland. (4 pages)
- There Will Be Lightning by Shomeret (poem)
- Mortal Remains by Eve Missoula--After Alexa's death, Methos returns to Seacouver to take care of her estate and relives some of the wonderful times they shared together in Greece.... (14 pages)
- My Lady by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- New Recruit by S.M. Palmer--An alternate universe first season story wherein Richie is recruited by Joe Dawson as a Watcher. (9 pages)
- Epiphanies by S.M. Palmer--Continuing the alternate universe begun in "New Recruit," Richie Ryan, now living in Paris with Duncan MacLeod and Tessa, finds himself swept up in a search to find the murderer of Darius' while trying to deal with his own unexpected Immortality. Along the way, he finds an unlikely ally in a fellow, Watcher...Adam Pierson! (44 pages)
- Witness by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Sensuality Blues by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- Bad Moon Rising by Kronette: Methos has a bad few days. A full moon, a Quickening, Halloween... (11 pages)
- Song of Methos by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- The Blue Bus by Susanna--A tale set in the modern day about Kronos and one of his students. (21 pages)
- Infinite Regrets by Leah Rosenthal (poem)
- Rebellion's Last Spark by S Fillingham--An alternate universe follow-up to the fifth season episode, Archangel. Joe and Methos are off on a tour of the world together, but MacLeod is still out there somewhere and Joe fears that the Highlander has gone completely insane. (10 pages)
- The Best Revenge by Devo--In the aftermath of Bordeaux, Cassandra tries to move on with her life.... (8 pages)
- Katana by E.A. Kowols (poem)
- The Seduction of Joe Dawson by E.A. Kowols--An old friend of Duncan's finds common ground and love with a mortal Watcher.... (9 pages)
- Methos Hallmark Cards by L Rosenthal: A collection of favorite greeting cards from one Immortal to another. (8 pages)
- The Immortal Scrooge by Susanna & Attilla the HunEE--Charles Dickens and Christmastime seem to go together...the title of this story pretty much says it all! (16 pages)
So Speaks the Hero 2 was published in 2001 and contains 110 pages of reduced print. Full color cover of Methos by Karen River. Interior artwork by Dani Lane and L Rosenthal.
- Ashes, Ashes by M. C. Christjansen--Methos remembers a poignant episode in his past.
- Time Is On My Side by S Hall--A crossover with the X-Files finds Methos and Duncan visiting Mulder where Mulder finds out he's met Methos once before...
- Meanwhile, Back in France by J Madge--Jack Shapiro returns, bent on revenge, and Richie finds himself in the middle of Shapiro's ongoing vendetta against the Immortals.
- Isle of Avalon by P Chapman--A rogue Watcher and a bad Immortal are reason enough for Joe and Duncan to team up for an adventure in England!
- Fearful Symmetry by T Kinkel--The ever-talented Tanja takes us into the mind and history of Kenny.
- more stories by C. Shettle and poetry by Shomeret.