Revolution (TV series)
- See the page Revolution for a disambiguation page of similar titles.
|Date(s):||September 17, 2012 - May 21, 2014 (TV series), May 4 - June 15, 2015 (digital comics)|
|Medium:||Television Show, digital comics|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|External Links:||Official Site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Revolution is an American post-apocalyptic dystopian future science fiction television NBC series that takes place 15 years after the start of a worldwide blackout starring Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, and Elizabeth Mitchell.
The series had two seasons before it was cancelled by the network. In May 2015, DC Comics started releasing a new digital comic book which picks up where the television series left off. Between May 4 and June 15, 2015, four separate digital chapters were released.
Revolution mainly focuses on the Matheson family, it also features a variety of characters that they meet. And while the general part of the series takes place AFTER the blackout, each episode has had at least one flashback to before the blackout.
- "Fifteen years after a mysterious blackout disables all types of electricity throughout the world, Charlie Matheson must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles, a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life, after her brother Danny is kidnapped by militia leader Tom Neville for a darker purpose. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the Monroe Republic and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if - or how - it will ever return." 
- Charlie Matheson
- Miles Matheson
- Sebastian Monroe
- Aaron Pittman
- Rachel Matheson
- Tom Neville
- Jason Neville, was introduced first by the name Nate in order to hide his real identity.
- Nora Clayton
- Jeremy Baker
- Danny Matheson
- Ben Matheson
- Fixits - usually in terms of canon characters deaths, making the characters alive.
- Alternate Universe - several different What Ifs?, College, were-animal alternate universes exist already.
- Character Death - due to the many character deaths in canon, it's usually pops up quite often in fics.
- Marlie - is the most common pairing name for Charlie/Miles.
- Jarlie - is the pairing name for Charlie/Jason.
- Charloe - is the pairing name for Charlie/Bass
Immediately following the premier of the show, the het pairing of Charlie/Miles took off. Despite being related by blood, it's still one of the more popular shipped pairing in Revolution especially in het. Other common het pairings are Charlie/Nate, Miles/Rachel, Miles/Nora, Aaron/Maggie, and Aaron/Nora. The second season saw the spike of Charlie/Bass pairing. Charlie/Connor also appeared in the second season.
A popular slash pairing of Bass/Miles grew soon after it was revealed that Miles had worked for him prior to the pilot episode (it was also later revealed that they were friends growing up). Other common slash pairings are Bass/Danny, Miles/Jeremy, Bass/Tom and Bass/Jeremy.
Achieves and Fannish Links
- NBC Revolution , a general LJ community
- Revolution Icons, a LJ icon community
- Revolution Fiction , a LJ fanfiction community
- NBC Revolution Kink Meme , a LJ kink meme community
- The Dark Side of Revolution , a LJ community focusing on the dark fanwork.
- Revolution Wiki Accessed August 27, 2013.