|Pairing:||Poe Dameron/Kylo Ren|
|Alternative name(s):||Darkpilot, Benpoe|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Resistance fighter Poe Dameron is captured by First Order loyalist Kylo Ren, who seeks information about Luke Skywalker's location that Poe has in his possession. Kylo tortures Poe, but is unable to extract any useful information, as Poe has given the coordinates to his astromech BB-8. Poe is subsequently rescued by the stormtrooper defector Finn and escapes.
Although Poe observes Kylo's battle with Luke from a distance at the climax of The Last Jedi, the two characters do not encounter each other again in canon. However, Expanded Universe tie-ins such as Journey to the Force Awakens reveal that Ben Solo and Poe knew each other growing up, prior to the former's transformation into Kylo Ren, and the activation code for BB-8 to bring Poe's X-wing is "NABOO. ENDOR. BEN. 342". These two tropes frequently appear in fanworks featuring this pairing.
let’s hope for space ships dogfight and the “your mom likes me better” angst 
Common Tropes & Storylines
- Darkfic featuring torture, non-con, and Inappropriate Use of the Force
- Poe suffers from PTSD and amnesia as a result of Kylo's interrogations.
- Angst and Hurt/comfort
- BDSM and slavefic
- Enemyslash - the two may or may not compete for Leia Organa's approval and affection
- Childhood friends
- Ben suffers child abuse, usually from Snoke, but sometimes from Han Solo, Leia, or his uncle Luke.
- AUs, especially where Ben doesn't turn to the Dark side and becomes a Jedi (aka Knightpilot).
- The Force tree in Poe's backyard on Yavin IV is a popular motif, as is the Millennium Falcon and Poe's X-wing.
- Modern AU - Coffee shop AUs and College AUs being the most popular.
- May overlap with Kylux or the polyamorous ships Poe/Kylo/Hux or Poe/Kylo/Rey.
- In Finn/Poe fics, Kylo is frequently depicted as Poe's (usually abusive) ex-boyfriend.
- to lie with your soul in the grave by plinys. Poe casts a glance at the door, he can see their mothers through the semi-transparent glass, it’s too quiet to hear them talk, but he knows whatever it is it can’t be good. The kid sitting next to him seems to have the same idea. “So, who talks first?” Poe says, breaking the silence between them.
- The Fallacy of the False Choice by Davechicken and Shadow_Side. One change, even a small one, can affect everything. Here, it is simple: BB-8 does not meet Rey in the desert wastes of Jakku. Instead, it is Poe Dameron who locates his missing droid after the TIE fighter crash, and it is Kylo Ren who comes after them both. Yet this is still only the beginning, and what is to follow will indeed finish what Darth Vader started. But not in the way anyone expects.
- Enthalpy by reitoei. Omegaverse AU.
- but not as you knew him by darkpilot_trash. The first thing Kylo Ren thinks when he walks into the cell and sees his prisoner slumped against his restraints is: he looks older.
- Stranger Than Fanfiction by idrilhadhafang. A man with sleep issues walks into a Starbucks...and gets the barista as his boyfriend. College AU, Coffee Shop AU.
- Meet Me By The Force Tree by gaylo-ben.
- This joke has got to be done before by captainmazzic
- Knightpilot by brilcrist.
- Darkpilot: As the World Falls Down by auroralynne.