Pink Frilly Robes
|Name:||Pink Frilly Robes|
|Date(s):||02 February 2004 - present|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Pink Frilly Robes was created on February 2, 2004 by Kaz, "with the prompting and encouragement of Ginnysdarkside and Gianfar." The name was coined by Ginnysdarkside and is a reference to the description of Pansy's robes at the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire.
The site was initially hosted by Kaz at her website, Near Her Always. In 2005, it was updated to automated eFiction software so that authors could directly upload their stories, and it moved to Magical-Worlds (magical-worlds.us), where it was hosted and run by Shannon. In 2006, ownership was transferred to Ava, who currently runs the archive.
Layouts for the archive have featured various actresses, such as Samantha Mathis and Thora Birch, representing an aged-up Pansy. One skin featured Draco/Pansy fan art by LinkTerra. The current layout has no graphics and no available skins.
As a Pansy-centric archive, Pink Frilly Robes accepts only stories that feature Pansy Parkison as a main character. Though this is no longer stated explicitly in the submission rules, a past version of the rules stated:
- "[Stories] must be about Pansy Parkinson. She can be paired with any character from the books (or from crossovers) or not be paired at all, but she must be the central character in the story."
Past versions of the site were more specific regarding what was required for ratings and header information. For example, past rules state that "all fanfic must contain a header with the title, author, author email, rating, summary, disclaimer, and any other necessary info" and to "rate your fic appropriately! If you're unsure, email the webmistress and ask for her opinion" Though the FAQ states that the archive uses Fictionratings.com's ratings system, stories are in fact rated on the standard MPAA system (G through NC-17). Though stories with adult content are permitted, only registered users may read NC-17 stories and there are a wide variety of archive-defined warnings.
Pink Frilly Robes categorizes stories by pairing. As of May 2012, there are 33 categories; the most popular are:
- Pansy/Draco Malfoy (98 stories)
- Pansy/Harry Potter (87 stories)
- Pansy/Ron Weasley (39 stories)
- Pansy/Hermione Granger (31 stories)
- No Pairings (28 stories)
- Pansy/Ginny Weasley (26 stories)
- Pansy/Neville Longbottom (18 stories)
- Threesomes/Moresomes (16 stories)
- Pansy/Other Character (13 stories)
The original (non-eFiction) version of the archive also allowed stories to be viewed by author and rating. The current version of the site allows you to search by pairings, characters, ratings, genres, warnings, and length (though genre labels no longer appear in story listings or headers).
The archive also has a section for essays, both those about Pansy (her characterization in canon, possible pairings, etc.) and about writing (fanfiction and in general). Current articles include essays in support of Draco/Pansy, Harry/Pansy, Ron/Pansy, and Theo/Pansy, and essays about writing BDSM, fluff, and action scenes, as well as multiple essays on leaving feedback.
Extras & Links
Before the site's latest renovation, there were several "Extras" pages that included content such as a beta reader listing, a page for user-submitted challenges, and several dozen icons created by various users. The only remaining "Extras" is the Links page, which contains a comprehensive listing of Pansy-focused sites as well as other Harry Potter fansites, archives, and communities. Additionally, there are links to various writing resources (such as the Mary Sue Litmus Test) and various other resources (such as for British terminology, myths, and names).
- Pink Frilly Robes at Near Her Always. Site Info. Archived 05 February 2005 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- pansy.nearheralways.com. Archived 05 April 2005 by the Wayback Machine.
- Pink Frilly Robes at Magical-Worlds. Help/FAQ. Archived 05 September 2006 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- Pink Frilly Robes at Magical-Worlds. Help/FAQ. Archived 10 January 2007 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- Pink Frilly Robes at Near Her Always. Submissions. Archived 07 March 2005 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- Pink Frilly Robes at Magical-Worlds. Rules. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- Pink Frilly Robes at Magical-Worlds. Rules. Archived 25 January 2008 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)
- pfr.magical-worlds.us. Archived 28 February 2009 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 14 May 2012.)