Leader of Wonkru
Leader of The 12 Clans
|Relationships:|| Lincoln †|
Ethan Hardy †
|Other:||Portrayed by Marie Avgeropoulos.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Octavia Blake is a main character in The 100 series.
Octavia Blake is the first person on the Ark to be a second child, since the Ark has a one-child law. She was kept hidden and a secret from the rest of the crew except for her mother and brother. Octavia was eventually exposed during a dance, and was locked away - losing her mother and was kept from seeing her brother.
Octavia is then sent down to Earth with the other 100 delinquents. When the spaceship lands she is reunited with her brother, Bellamy, and becomes the first sky person that walks on the Earth. She later finds and befriends a grounder, Lincoln, with whom she later develops romantic ties to and who is eventually killed.
In Season 2, she joins the grounders and trains with them to become a warrior.
She also had two other canon romantic interests (although minor in comparison to Lincoln), Atom and Illian, that also died.
In Season 5, it's revealed she is now called Blodreina aka the Red Queen and is the leader of Wonkru, which is what is left of the twelve clans in the Second Dawn Bunker.
Octavia Blake is a popular character within The 100 fandom, often appearing in fanworks and discussions on various websites (namely AO3 and Tumblr). In fanfiction where it is not focused on her, she often appears as a secondary character and paired with one of her ships.
However, like other characters in the series, not all of her actions are favored by the fans. In season 5, this is present with her actions as Blodreina/Red Queen where she keeps the clans under control by having people that committed a crime fight to the death - some fans did not like the actions she has taken, others understood and supported her.
- Octavia/Lincoln - canonical and most popular pairing
- Octavia/Raven - most popular femslash pairing
- Niylah/Octavia Blake
- Octavia/Illian - canonical
- Octavia/Atom - canonical
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Titles or Roles: Octavia has had several different titles given to her over the seasons. With each new role she takes on her physical appearance and demeanor changes. Fan creators like to explore these personas and what it means for Octavia the person.
- Modern AU: modern setting, where she knows or meets other characters from the series
- High School AU or College AU: common because of her relative age
- PTSD: dealing with the traumas visited upon her during the series
- Supporting Character: featured secondary character in stories focusing on her brother Bellamy or Clarke
- Octavia Blake (Quick sketch) by Hobby-tribut
- Octavia by 1milly2
- slay your demons, kid by ohlazarus
- O by samanthadoodles
- Blodreina, The Red Queen, Long May She Reign, Archived version by nirenro-art
- manu propria by encroix, The books don’t know who we are, he says. And she laughs a quiet nervous laugh. No, she says. They don’t. (Octavia & Bellamy)
- Autumn Dreaming :: Traveling by Nell65, Cultural flotsam and jetsam washes up in the most unexpected of places. (Post Season 2)
- Lily by okteiviakomtrikru, Shortly after Lincoln's death, Octavia discovers that she's pregnant. She decides to move to Polis, where she knows her child will grow and thrive at the heart of Grounder society. (Canon Divergence AU)
- May We Meet Again by okteiviakomtrikru, Octavia and Aurora say goodbye. (Octavia & Aurora)
- sky girl
- Fight Song
- Grounders don't give up
- we're back bitches
- R A D I O A C T I V E
- only human
- Octavia Blake and Augustus Caesar: A Meta (spoilers for 5x02)
Archives and Fannish Links
- Tumblr tags: Octavia Blake & edits, Blodreina
- Niytavia Source, a tumblr blog focused on Octavia and Octavia/Niylah
- I dont like that so many people, both in the show and in real life, are acting like Octavia is some horrible person for her role as Bloodreina and the fighting pits....
- "I dunno. I’m not an anti, as in I’m not going to give up on her or demonize her or ignore the good things she’s done or might do, but she’s on my last nerve."
- Why so much hatred against Octavia ??!!
- Octavia is not a villain
- Y'all putting shit on Octavia but I’ve definitely had my struggles with liking her character in the past and I have never stanned something so hard
- "The 100 A03 Statistics". Archived from the original on 2019-02-21.
- June 23, 2018 Tweet