Multifandom Horror Exchange
|Name:||Multifandom Horror Exchange|
|Date(s):||April - August 2020|
|Type:||Fanfiction, Fanart, and Original Fiction/Art; matching based on "fandom, medium, relationship, and horror type"|
|Scope:||Horror fanfiction and fanart|
|Fandom:||Multifandom & original fiction (the canon does not have to be in the horror genre)|
|Associated Community:||multifandomhorrorexchange (Dreamwidth)|
|URL:||Multifandom Horror Exchange 2020 (AO3)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Multifandom Horror Exchange is a Dreamwidth and AO3 based gift exchange that ran in 2020. The exchange allowed for fanfiction, fanart, original fiction, and original art, although other types of fanworks could be treated to participants. Participants in the exchange signed up on AO3 and were matched on a fandom (including "Original Works"), medium (fiction or art), relationship (a solo character could be nominated as a relationship), and horror type. The goal of the exchange was producing fanworks in the horror genre, whether or not the source material could be classed as horror.
Out of all types of horror eligible for the exchange, psychological horror had the most fanworks in the collection.
By Types of Horror
- Psychological Horror - 27 works
- Body Horror - 14 works
- Dark Fantasy - 10 works
- Monster Horror - 9 works
- Paranormal Horror - 8 works
- Cosmic/Lovecraftian Horror - 6 works
- Survival Horror - 6 works
- Gothic Horror - 5 works
- Religious Horror - 3 works
- Killer Horror - 2 works
- Folk Horror - 2 works
- Institutional Horror - 1 work
- Violent Horror - 1 work
- Science-fiction Horror - 1 work
"The art was so fucking good."
- Dreamwidth post. Schedule & Rules
- Multifandom Horror Exchange 2020, accessed on April 9, 2021. Archived from the original on Jan 25, 2021.
- Anonymous commenter on fail_fandomanon. Re: Bangs, Fests, Exchanges, etc. - Name Game: Exchange Positivity, April 7, 2021. Archived from the original on April 10, 2021.
- Anonymous comment on fail_fandomanon. Re: Bangs, Fests, Exchanges, etc. - Name Game: Exchange Positivity, April 6, 2021. Archived from the original on April 10, 2021.