|Publisher:||Ooga-Booga Times Press, a division of Neon Rainbow Press|
|Author(s):||Tracy Fretwell and Gillian Holt|
|Fandom:||War of the Worlds/Manimal/Counterstrike|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Moonbane is a 96-page gen crossover novel by Tracy Fretwell and Gillian Holt. All, or part, of this story appeared in Green Floating Weirdness 9 and Addington International Restricted Files. The fandoms crossed are War of the Worlds, Manimal and Counterstrike. It includes fantasy elements. Interior black and white drawing art work by Fliss Davies, Anja Gruber, and Priscilla Tweed.
Summary: This is also a crossover with Counterstrike and Manimal and has fantasy elements. The aliens are trying to create a doomsday weapon. Stone is nearly taken over and finds out some startling facts about his past; and Ironhorse and Norton get a surprise.
- Part I: New Moon Rising – Alexander Addington sends ex-Navy SEAL Hector Stone to San Francisco to find out why three top researchers at his GenoPharm Company have resigned. Meanwhile, the Blackwood Project are tracking alien activity in the same area. Ironhorse and Stone cross paths one early morning in the park, where Stone is almost taken over by the aliens.
- Part II: Full Moon Falling – With Addington's help, the Counterstrike team locate Stone, who is now in the care of the Blackwood Project. Peter Sinclair attempts a rescue and runs into Ounce, who has a mission of his own.
- Part III: Wolf Moon Waning – Stone undergoes a dramatic change and Jonathan Chase arrives to help explain. Unfortunately, he also has an unwelcome piece of news; there are other aliens sharing the planet besides the Mortaxans.
- Part IV: Wolf Moon Waxing – Stone works on dealing with his new abilities while the aliens' plans become more obvious. Ironhorse and Norton find that they share the same secret as Stone.
- Part V: In the Dark of the Moon – Ironhorse and Delta Force along with Stone and the Wyhr stop the aliens from launching a doomsday attack against humanity.