Loki (Norse mythology)
(Redirected from Loki (Norse Mythology))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Relationships:||Fárbauti and Laufey (parents), Helblindi and Býleistr (brothers), Sigyn (wife), Angrboða, Svaðilfari (love interests), Narfi and/or Nari, Hel, Fenrir, Jörmungandr and, according to Prose Edda, Váli (children)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Loki is a demi-god and shapeshifter in Norse mythology. He is a Jotunn (Frost Giant) by birth, his parents are Fárbauti and Laufey. He has two brothers, Helblindi and Býleistr.
Loki is canonically married to Sigyn; the fannish name of the pairing is Logyn. He also has three children with the Jotunn Angrboda.
Contemporary Interest in Loki
I love how in the Lokasenna half the time the gods don’t even deny the accusations thrown at them, just give a responding insult. Like
“You’re a filthy coward who only cares about sex!”“Ha ha, you got me there, but, I mean, so are you.”
norsemythologyanimated-blog, 2015 
Norse Deity ~Vibes~
UPG, but since I was just asked to describe this, here you go:Loki: Weird. The feeling of fireworks at a fun carnival while strange music plays and the earth moves beneath you. Spencer’s Gifts meets ’00s Hot Topic. Shifting, the way you can’t quite hold water. Adapting, always finding a way forward, the missing piece of a puzzle. The sound of a fly.
queenofswords, 2021 
Without loki, most norse myths would br very very short. It would be:
"Thor arrived. His epic hammer smashed all the heads. The end"
Sooo, one could say, that loki schemes. Saves lives? On the bigger scale!
(Except ragnarök but sssh)
norsesuggestions, 2021 
- Glass as a slow-flowing liquid, Archived version by Milieu (2018)
Loki in Popular Culture
- Loki is Luke in the YA novel Eight Days of Luke by Diana Wynne Jones (1975)
- Loki appears in issues #21-28 of Neil Gaiman's comic book series The Sandman (Season of Mists, 1990-91)
- In Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods, Loki sometimes calls himself Low-Key Lyesmith (2001)
- Loki is the protagonist in Mackenzi Lee's young adult novel Loki: Where Mischief Lies (2019)
Links and Resources
- ^ See: Lokasenna, Archived version by norsemythologyanimated-blog on tumblr, December 27, 2015
- ^ Norse Deity ~Vibes~, Archived version by queenofswords on tumblr, June 10, 2021
- ^ Without loki, most norse myths would br very very short., Archived version by norsesuggestions on tumblr, June 14, 2021