|Date(s):||April 27, 1992|
|Country of Origin:||Japan|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Kirby is a video game series developed by HAL Laboratory and Nintendo. The majority of the games in the series are side-scrolling action-platformers. Kirby has the ability to consume enemies and objects thereby gaining a characteristic ability from them.
- Kirby's Dream Land
- Kirby's Adventure
- Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby's Dream Land 3
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
- Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
- Kirby: Squeak Squad
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Kirby Star Allies
- One Japanese guidebook for Kirby's Dream Land 2 claimed Dark Matter suffered from loneliness and attacked Popstar because it was jealous of all the "happiness" there. Many fans accepts this as official canon.
- Meta Knight being like a father-figure to Kirby. The Japanese fandom have their own term for the headcanon, パパナイト, which literally translates to "Papa Knight".
- Ado and Adeleine are two different characters, with Ado being male. Unless you think that "Ado" is merely how Kirby pronounces Adeleine's name (as the latter's name is pronounced "Adorinu" in Japanese). The idea of Ado being male was eventually jossed in a 20th-anniversary booklet, which confirmed that Ado's a girl.
- Bandana Waddle Dee appears in Kirby 64, minus the blue bandana.
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Crossover: often with other video game franchises, anime or cartoons
- Alternative Universe: stories that take place within the mirror universe
- Kirby is shaped like a friend by Triple-Q
- Artist Kirby by SaccharoKirby
- Christmas 2017 by AlcyoneAX
- Kirby on the Go by CosmikArts
- Ice Cream Island (2015) by kokoronis
- Mike Kirby by dreamingsandwich
- Kirby Colors by Primrose-Rachel
Archives & Fannish Links
- Kirby fanworks at FF.net
- Kirby - All Media Types fanworks at AO3
- Kirby-Lovers-Forever at DeviantArt
- Tumblr Tags: Kirby, Kirby Fan Art