|Name:||Jonathan "Pa" Kent|
|Relationships:|| Martha Kent (wife)|
Clark Kent (adoptive son)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Jonathan Kent, commonly known as Pa Kent, is the adoptive father of Clark Kent in the DC Comics universe. In the original (Earth-Two) Superman origin story, his name is John Kent; in some adaptions he is known as Eben Kent.
DC Animated Universe
Lois & Clark
Jonathan Kent is depicted as a man in his sixties; he and Martha are still alive and active and play an important part in Clark's life, appearing in approximately half the episodes. He is primarily a farmer, and doesn't show many other interests. In most stories Martha seems to take the lead in their activities.
- Main article: Jonathan Kent (Smallville)
All of the Superman movies borrow from early comics canon and kill Jonathan off before Clark becomes an active superhero. In the Christopher Reeve films he dies of a heart attack while racing the teenaged Clark. In Superman Returns the cause of his death is not explicitly stated, but seems to be the same. In Man of Steel he dies in a tornado after forbidding Clark to help him rescue a dog since it will reveal his powers. This is referenced in a vision of Jonathan in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Archives & Fannish Links
- Jonathan Kent tag at Archive of Our Own
- Jonathan K. character filter in Comics > Superman at FanFiction.Net
- Jonathan K. character filter in TV Shows > Lois and Clark at FanFiction.Net
- Jonathan K. character filter in TV Shows > Smallville at FanFiction.Net
- Jonathan K. character filter in Movies > Superman at FanFiction.Net
- pa-kent tag at Tumblr