|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Jareth/Sarah is the most favored pairing in the Labyrinth fandom. It is the het ship of Sarah Williams, the main character of the movie, and Jareth, the antagonist.
In canon, the relationship between the two characters is quite complicated. They meet face to face for the first time when Sarah wishes away her younger brother Toby to the Goblin King (Jareth). Jareth then takes Toby. When Sarah regrets her actions Jareth tells her that if she completes the Labyrinth in thirteen hours she can have Toby back, but if not Toby stays with him.
The two are separate for most of the movie as Sarah runs the Labyrinth. They interact briefly in a vision Jareth conjures for Sarah (as a distraction). In the vision, they are at a masquerade ball. The two dance before Sarah realizes the illusion and breaks free. They next interact when Sarah arrives at Jareth’s palace to retrieve Toby. Jareth proclaims his love for Sarah, but Sarah rejects him and says the magic words that return her and Toby home.
Common Tropes & Themes
- FutureFics, where Sarah returns to the Labyrinth as an adult usually by wishing again, Jareth taking her away, or Sarah stumbles back herself.
- This usually leads to Sarah becoming the Goblin Queen with Jareth still as the Goblin King.
- A Forfeit of Dreams by K.L. Morgan
- The Owl and The Cat by Mertens
- At The Center of The Labyrinth by merellia There's always a monster at the center of the labyrinth. . . . Words: 5730
- The End Of Days by DanseMacabre 19-year-old Sarah believes the Labyrinth is behind her, nothing more than a childish fantasy. When she realizes her adventures were real, how far will she go to save the Labyrinth... or the Goblin King who rules it? Words: 99.808
- Invited series by Astolat (2011)
- The thirteenth rider by HachimansKitsune
- Blue Bananas in the Moonlight - and Selections from the Goblin Kingdom by shadow13
- October & April by BW666x
- Lost in your land by Sookie2502
- Everybody's looking for something by Sookie2502
- Hypnotic by ClaraGrapevine
- Seven Devils by SherlockWhovian