|URL:||Blood and Weetabix; Indri@ff.net; @All About Spike; @LJ|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Indri is a fan writer and reccer predominantly active in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom since 2002. Laura, archivist of All About Spike, calls her one of the most talented, interesting, and unique writers of Buffyverse fanfic.
Indri is perhaps best known for writing about the character Spike; Miss Edith writes that she really captures Spike's "voice" the way very few fanfic authors do. Her studies of minor characters have also been widely praised. Most recently, she has completed a trilogy starring Giles and Ethan Rayne. Much of her fanfiction is gen, but she also writes explicit het.
In Her Own Words
From an interview at All About Spike:
[On writing fanfiction] It's play. You can try out many different forms, genres and styles and explore different techniques very easily. Plus you can write in a very dense and allusive fashion, as you can assume that most of your audience is completely familiar with the backstory and characters. Also I very much enjoy working within the tight confines of canon; I love interpolating. ...
Strengths? I'm willing to take chances. I'm willing to do research. I have a strong (but not infallible) sense of the cadences of the written word and I've been pleased by some of the visual imagery I've been able to deploy. Weaknesses? I can never make my characters have extended conversations. And there are some characters whose voices I find very difficult to do, such as Willow and Faith. Also, perhaps because I write so slowly, I tend to be too concise, always impatient to be on to the next section because the last one took so long to write. And I worry that sometimes my prose style is too mannered. ...
...I only ever seem to write two kinds of story, one of statis and one of rushing headlong into one's fate.
- DeNile -- Spike and Joyce. Tha Wrecka writes: Fabulous story about an interaction between Joyce and Spike. It brings a smile to my face, it's so cute.
- Descent -- Spike post-'Grave'. Ellen writes: A very interesting and original idea.
- Foreign Devils -- The Chinese Slayer. Espresso Addict writes: Indri's vision is so convincing it feels like canon.
- A Good Man -- William backstory. Coquette writes: There's a nice slow build here, and the writing is even and well-controlled, with just the right dose of dry misanthropic humour.
- Hotel Lavear -- The Chaos Demon's story. Recommended by Nestra.
- Shagging Harmony Kendall -- Spike/Harmony. Debra writes: A sad, almost wistful little bit of fiction, like a PWP only not.
- Some Years Later -- Four shorts on Buffy's exes. Nihilistbear writes: A gorgeous look at Buffy’s exes and what might have happened.
- All About Spike: Featured Links (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Whedonesque: January 22 2006 (accessed 14 May 2012)
- All About Spike: Indri (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Colour and Movement: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel series (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Better Buffy Fiction Archive: Indri (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Espresso Recommendations: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Polyamorous Recommendations: Buffy (accessed 14 May 2012)
- Digressions - Nihilistbear's Writings: Reccomendations and Links (accessed 14 May 2012)