|Date(s):||28 Dec 2008|
|External Links:||link on lj|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Found is a meta poem by linabean made up from lines taken from the sgastoryfinders community. linabean also wrote a follow-up, "Searching." For a time, they were highly popular within the SGA LJ community.
Many readers interpreted the work as celebrating the common tropes and distinctive craziness of SGA fanfiction. Alternatively, however, the work could be interpreted as criticizing a fannish preference for "crack" and melodrama featuring two white male characters over broader engagement with canon, including prominently featured characters of color and female characters.
thefourthvine in 2009:
They capture everything that's fabulous about the communities. (The desperate tone! The pleas for help! The one where McKay is turned into a puppy with many exclamation points, like this: !!!) And they also capture an awful lot of the essence of SGA fandom. And then they create something entirely new, all in themselves - I mean, these are really awesome poems.
fail_fandomanon in 2014:
This week I was home sick and went on a nostalgia binge through fandoms from the 00s. A lot of it was locked or purged or just gone, including, mega ironicaly, the found poetry that linabean made out of sga_storyfinders prompts. It's been a year full of IRL losses and when I finally found the poem (transcribed from a podfic) it was unexpectedly profound.
"Found" inspired other fans. In 2009, callowyn wrote a Merlin version based on merlin_finders posts. In 2010, travels-in-time made a version from posts to dsficfinders. In 2012, missyjack posted a Supernatural version, based on spnstoryfinders. In 2011, bironic created another SGA found poem based on lines from stories and credited linabean.
- Mckay Falls down I think it is a hill
- Rodney is lying unconscious
- on the kitchenfloor.
- he is put in the brig.
- it features a Rodney who becomes an amnesiac
- The only bit I remember
- is a scene in the infirmary
- I'm almost sure
- I didn't imagine it.
- I know it's out there
- I'm looking for a story
- i.e. the poet disagreed with the common interpretation.
- thefourthvine. Eight Days of Happiness: Storyfinders Communities. And Poetry., Archived version, posted to dreamwidth, 2009-05-05.
- Re: Find the Thing, anonymous comment, 2014-11-15.
- callowyn. The Quest for Camelot, 23 December 2009. (Accessed 07 March 2010)
- ds version posted 4 March 2010; podfic posted 3 March 10.
- missyjack. I AM LOOKING FOR A FIC.., Archived version, posted 20TH-JUN-2012.
- Found Poem: I'll Always Remember / The Time the Aliens Made Us Do It by bironic on AO3. Poem! "I'll Always Remember / The Time the Aliens Made Us Do It" (SGA, John/Rodney / multiple): bironic, Archived version, posted to livejournal 2011-08-15.
- rhea314. "Found" and "Searching", Archived version, posted in amplificathon, 2009-01-06.
- Found, Archived version
- Searching, Archived version