|Type:||fanfiction, fan translation, meta|
|Fandoms:||Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dynasty Warriors|
yunyu at AO3
@fineillsignup2 at twitter
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
fineillsignup is a Canadian Naruto blogger on tumblr who has been active since August, 2016. She's written fanfiction for Naruto, Dynasty Warriors, and Historical RPF. On tumblr, she's known for meta posts and for translating and typesetting Chinese doujinshi and sometimes fanfiction into English; she speaks both English and Mandarin but prefers English.
In the Naruto fandom, her ships are Kakashi x Sakura, MultiSaku, Sai x Ino, Naruto x Hinata, and Shikamaru x Temari. She dislikes Uchiha Sasuke (especially after chapter 699 of the manga), Orochimaru and canon Sasuke x Sakura. Her tumblr description notes, "You might find some of what I post to be Sasuke or Kishimoto bashing," and she's very critical of the Naruto ending.
In addition to her translation work, fineillsignup also sometimes reposts art from Chinese artists. In her Frequently Unasked Questions post, she explains:
Q: I’ve noticed you repost work from Chinese artists. Sometimes you say “with permission” and sometimes you mention something about CC-BY or similar. What is this CC thing?A: Creative Commons is a copyleft movement dedicated to make it easier for people to share their work while retaining aspects of control that are important to them. As opposed to copyright, a CC license makes a work freely sharable and may or may not permit changing the work and using the work for profit. The website LOFTER, by default, does not apply any CC license to artists’ work, but they can opt in to using one, and there are a variety to choose from. Therefore, you can be confident that the artist chose to let people share (with credit) or remix their work.
In an introductory post, fineillsignup explained her URL choice:
Every time I visit Tumblr it’s like “hey you should sign up” “oh you want to use that feature well too bad sign up”I’ve resisted for nearly a decade but I can’t anymore.
fineillsignup also has a blanket permission statement on her Archive of Our Own profile:
Blanket permission in advance is given to make transformative works (sequels, side stories, use of my headcanons or OCs, art, translations, podfic) of any of my fanfiction, so long as you give me credit. I would love to see whatever you make so please link me!
She had a livejournal at some point before joining tumblr.
Works and Links
General External Links
- fineillsignup.tumblr.com — Main tumblr
- yunyu at AO3
- fineillsignup at fanfiction.net
- Translated Naruto Comics Masterpost
- NejiTen One-Shots: written by natiyrm with translation by yunyu
- You, Like a Sunflower
- translation tag
- typesetting tag
- Kakashi's Wish
- fanfiction tag
- Heart Under a Blade (Naruto)
- the Defective Uzumaki (Naruto)
- Clouds and Rain 雲雨 (Dynasty Warriors)
- Your Most Important Person (Naruto)
Her meta tag is her naruto analysis tag (sorted by earliest first). Apologies for the many links; some should probably be relocated to character pages or group pages but those don't exist yet.
- You seem like a reasonable Anti.
- I'm kinda interested in hearing about the birth rate subject you mentioned on the post about the manga! Would you mind explaining it?
- When picturing kakasaku, what do you take into account as potential roadblocks to their relationship (aside from their own problems)? and this follow up
- Like I agree with you the Orochimaru stuff is gross....but like you also ship Sakura with fucking Madara plus various followups like this one and this one ...and this one... ok there's lots.
- what do you think of itachi?
- Basically, from a meta story perspective, Naruto needs to be in the dark about his origins.
- Sakura did tell Sarada that Sasuke was on a grueling mission
- Kanji Decorations in the Hokage Tower
- You’re right that Sakura would have been a natural POV character to mediate for the view in dealing with Konoha Crush
- Let’s rate all the female character appearance in 700 based on how much they uplift or downcast the character.
- Who was the best among the Hokages for you?
- Kishimoto, in every volume of Naruto: The shinobi system is immoral.
- Honestly after all these years I'm still disappointed Sakura never had a showdown against sasuke.
- What exactly would a clan head in Naruto do?
- “but why do you say that Naruto is a bad Hokage? why do you say he hasn’t changed anything?”
- response to Aye so kishi kinda don' goofed up kakashi's time line plus followup
- Can you explain how Sakura's love in the canon pages is unhealthy? and followup
- Headcanon: Kumo’s “Lost Boy” Culture
- response to Every time I see a post about ‘how could the adults in Naruto let this happen’
- Itachi--Izumi was mutual or just one-sided?
- response to I think I’ve finally realized what bugs me the most about how a lot of the fandom characterizes Obito.
- I think you’re bang on about the series forcing the female characters into middle-aged Japanese expectations of how mothers are supposed to act.
- do you think Team 10 would have survived attacking Kakuzu and Hidan with Shikamaru’s initial plan of just the three of them without losing one or all of them?
- kishi’s top 5 biggest writing mistakes? go wild
- Why is the Shadow Clone Jutsu Forbidden? a headcanon and followup
- would Konoha’s founding and early years be fair to base off of the Edo periodic terms of setting an archaic atmosphere customs and settings wise?
- Comparing and contrasting between Shikamaru and Sasuke was a massively wasted opportunity. and follow up
- “you’re cute when you’re mad”: the inherent impotence of female anger in Naruto plus follow up 
- response to No, wait, I’m actually not done with my Itachi vs. Obito salt
- Hinata is frustratingly written with all the ingredients necessary to have a storyline of her own that doesn’t revolve around Naruto
- Taking Chakra Nature to 11: some headcanons
- can you explain what you mean by clan members and children being eaten?
- responses to y’all know that gross fucking guy in the naruto crescent moon kingdom movie???
- fineillsignup's introductory post. Posted 16 August 2016. Accessed 12 September 2018.
- fineillsignup.tumblr.com. Accessed 12 September 2018.
- fineillsignup, Frequently Unasked Questions. Last updated 29 August 2018. Accessed 12 September 2018.
- fineillsignup/yunyu's AO3 Profile. Accessed 12 September 2018.