Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Relationships:||Death Eaters (allies), His pack (a werewolf army), Remus Lupin (infected), Bill Weasley (infected), Lavender Brown (infected), Malfoy family (allies),|
|Other:||Portrayed by Dave Legeno in the films.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fenrir Greyback is a character from the Harry Potter series. His name appears to be a reference to the wolf Fenrir (or Fenris) in Norse mythology.
Fenrir Greyback has been described as a mad werewolf that wants to infect as many people as he can with lycanthropy in order to overthrow the Wizarding community. Because of this he attacks and turns many people, and the Death Eaters often used him as a threat.
"Fenrir Greyback is, perhaps, the most savage werewolf alive today. He regards it as his mission in life to bite and to contaminate as many people as possible; he wants to create enough werewolves to overcome the wizards... Greyback specialises in children... Bite them young, he says, and raise them away from their parents, raise them to hate normal wizards." 
His victims include Remus Lupin (he was turned at the age of 5/fully transformed), Bill Weasley (Fenrir attacked him in human form so Bill only has some wolfish behavior), and Lavender Brown (it's unknown if she is fully transformed or like Bill).
- Fenrir is often used in non-con and dub-con smut fics as the dominant party
- Size kink
- Dark fic
- Silver Arrow by flitterflutterfly. Harry/Fenrir (2013).
- Auribus Teneo Lupum by HyperLittleNori (Shiguresan). Harry/Fenrir (2014).
- My, What Big Teeth You Have by hapaxlegomena. Fenrir/Draco (2018).
Archives and Communities
- Fenrir Greyback works at FFN
- Fenrir Greyback fanworks at AO3
- Monster Uncaged, a LJ community dedicated to him
- Fenrir Greyback works at Lumos
- ^ See, for example, Ward R. "J. K. Rowling's Fenrir Greyback: Identity, Society, and the Werewolf" in Terminus: Collected Papers on Harry Potter, 7-11 August 2008 (Sharon K. Goetz, ed.) (Narrate Conferences, 2010)
- ^ Remus Lupin in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ^ Because of the scene in the HP films, many believe she dies from this attack; others portray her alive if not a werewolf or like Bill, have some "wolfish behavior".