|Fandom:||The Walking Dead|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Carl and Negan first meet when Carl's group is captured by the saviors. Negan kills Glenn and Abraham and forces the Alexandrians to work for the Saviors. Later Carl sneaks into a truck on a mission to kill Negan, which untimely fails. Negan shows Carl the Sanctuary and its residents. Negan then returns Carl to his father Rick in Alexandra. At the end of Season 7 when the Alexandrians begin to fight back Negan intends to kill Carl as punishment, but is interrupted when reinforcements arrive from Hilltop and The Kingdom, causing Negan and the Saviors to flee.
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Non-con or Dub-con: Negan using his powerful position to push Carl into a relationship
- No Zombie Apocalypse AU: modern setting, where no Zombie Apocalypse takes place
- Age Difference: to combat the large age difference between the characters sometimes Carl will be aged up. Although some writers keep their canonical ages and make the issues that arise a feature of their fanfiction.
- Carl Lives: Carl does not die in season 8
- Inspired, Archived version by valearidh
- Carl tried to making up for his misbehavior, Archived version by okuma-holmes
- Negan and Carl by The-Invader-Trixie
- Why? by hikashy
- Cegan video by why-do-i-ship-this
- Can't Pretend by Actylove
- Disturbed by Infinitex
- ANIMAL by ↳B∆RKER