|Occupation:||Monk of the Cobolt Soul|
|Relationships:||Keg, Reani - one night stands. Jester = one-sided pining and crush. Yasha - canon, mutual pining friends to lovers|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
I think Marisha has talked before about how one of Beau’s main problems is how young she is, and how invincible that makes her feel. Like when she almost died with the troll - “she should be traumatized!” “Have you met Beau??” She thinks she’s so cynical (“I’m not used to things turning out… good.”) but she’s got the kind of blind idealism of youth, the feeling that really bad things happen, yeah, but they happen to other people.
Fandom sometimes (especially in the early days) refers to Beau as a "disaster lesbian" due to her inability to be charismatic.
Most popular Beau ships are femslash: Beau/Yasha and Beau/Jester, with canonical one night stands Beau/Reani and Beau/Keg rarely making an appearance in fanworks. There's a distinct conflict between some beauyasha shippers and beaujester shippers. (see more: beauyasha vs beaujester) One fan questioned Beau's reliability when it came to her own feelings towards Jester and Yasha:
don’t think Beau is as reliable of a narrator of her own feelings as a lot of people in this fandom seem to think.
This is both about her talk with Veth and about her talk with Fjord. I’m not saying that she doesn’t know her own feelings, but she is a lot more nuanced with who she tells what and how she phrases things than people give her credit for. She told Veth about her crush on Jester in a moment of trust and bonding, a moment where Veth was opening up about her own feelings for Caleb. “What is it about Jester?” - Well, maybe the fact that she’s hot is actually pretty high on that list (and that is - by the way - good and okay), but maybe it didn’t feel right to say in that moment. Or maybe the crush had started as a physical attraction and had at that point began to morph into something deeper.
And in her conversation with Fjord, Beau had been the one to approach him about the subject. She had noticed that her captain - who is notoriously reserved about his romantic feelings - had been opening up to Jester, and she wanted to give him an opportunity to talk through his feelings. That’s not the right time to say “Oh, and by the way, I’m currently getting over an intense crush on her”. Especially not after Fjord had said that he didn’t feel like he deserved Jester or was good enough for her.
There are two people in every conversation and Beau, like everyone else, is curating her words to whomever she’s talking to. My assumption is that her crush on Jester was extremely confusing for Beau and that the truth of her emotions lies somewhere between what she told Veth and what she told Fjord.So, no, I don’t think Marisha is retconning this. I think she’s being consistent with a character who is having trouble being honest in even the most trivial of circumstances. I trust Beau’s actions more than I trust her words, and her actions are full of love for the M9, including and especially Jester. 
Events particularly between episode 112 The Chase Begins airing October 15 2020, and episode 120 Contentious Company airing December 17th 2020, further developed the relationship between Beau and Yasha, ultimately leading to Beau asking Yasha out on a date. Both characters expressed mutual interest in each other. See Beau/Yasha for more details about canon and fandom reactions.
Two most popular platonic ships are Fjord & Beau and Caleb & Beau, both with a heavy familial vibe that the fandom loves. While Beau's relationship with Fjord has a more distinct mentor aspect, her dynamic with Caleb is more that of siblings.
- short skirt, long jacket (i want a girl) by friendlyghost - Yasha wants Beau, but isn't sure of how two women have sex. Luckily, Beau's willing to help her out.
- we're still so young, desperate for attention] by invoked_duplicity - Five times Beau tries to flirt with Yasha and one time Yasha flirts back.
- A Marriage of Convenience by conceptstage - Beau has run off every suitor her parents have thrown at her so far and the first one to stick around for more than a few days doesn't even seem interested in her. She needs to get rid of him fast before her mother thinks she's won and starts planning the wedding but Caleb is... strange.
- a mother's many wisdoms by unicyclehippo - in which Marion sees Beau's feelings and has a long talk with her and is the best and maybe only mum Beau has ever had
- Alexandre Lionett by Awesome_Sauce432 - Alexandre Lionett is four years and eight months and he doesn't have a sister. What he does have is a big house, two parents, strange hiding places and a name that he's not supposed to know or talk about. Which only makes him want to know and talk about it more.
- Beauregard on Tumblr by kreugan website linked
- Another piece on Tumblr by kreugan
- warmups recently have been turning into Oops All Beauregards by ruushes
- still a long way to go... by tshortik
- A study in Beau dynamic poses by Lyadrielle
- Beauregard with a lesbian flag for Pride by domirine
- Just... Suit by theartingace on Tumblr
- Pirate aesthetic intensifies by mintsiren
- she blue by nil-elk
- and now the team is almost complete by zuzartii (mixed traditional media - watercolour and collage)
- Young Beauregard, 17 years old, heir of the Lionett family by junk-ren
- long may he reign by caemidraws
- Beauregard #cosplay by Teodora Cosplay (on IG)
- "Bro"regard by Paragon0316
- Beauregard cosplay by toxiekatt
- Beau cosplay by Orfea_Nera
- Aegion of Beauregard seen at the Critical Role cosplay get together at MCM Comic Con London posted on Twitter by SeanHarry
- Hey. I’m Beau. Of the Cobalt Soul. by nimblenoor
- cosplayer v. cosplay Level 10 Beau by rerenga cosplay
- It kills me to see just how low Beau’s self-esteem is., Archived version - It just always seems like Beau needs to pretend to be an asshole or an idiot to justify whenever she does something good and it’s really sad.
- Look, Beau has an inferiority complex, this is not news, Archived version - a Beaujester meta - From what I’ve seen of that conversation with Fjord…..that looks to me like Beau’s character flaws, her troubles with inferiority erupting into the kind of ugly language we saw.