Astray in the Wilderness
|Title:||Astray in the Wilderness|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From the Publisher
Way back in 1982, two fen looked up from the zines they were reading, looked at each other and said, 'Hey, we can do this too!' And they did. They had the stories - two each! They had the technology - an elderly electric stencil printer (100 copies per minute) that went berserk when you took your eye off it. Most of all they had the enthusiasm. And so they wrote a zine. They called it THE VOICE 1 and they sold it. So they wrote some more. Kate came and they kept writing. Frances came and ... Finally after 5 issues, they said, "This is fun let's ask more people." The VOICE wasn't big enough so along came IN THE WILDERNESS (ITW for short) - all 7 of them.
From the publisher's website: "We do not need to know your age to buy Village Press zines. However, we reserve the right not to sell Village Press zines to anyone whom we consider would not appreciate the zines as they should be appreciated."
- In the Wilderness (1986-1994)
- Heroes in the Wilderness (1997)
- Singing in the Wilderness (1999)
- Prophets in the Wilderness (2003)
- Astray in the Wilderness (2004)
- The Myristica Murder by Eva Stuart (The mysterious and slightly sinister Cook returns, bringing murder, mayhem and new recipes in her wake.)
- The Sound of Music by Eva Stuart (How does a Vulcan who is hemmed in by conventions and protocol tell his Captain what he really feels?)
- Calendar Boys by Anne Elliot (Ensign Oliseo, whizz photographer has this wonderful idea ...)
- Moody Blues by Anne Elliot (Spock in Full Vulcan mode. Kirk distracted. Mcoy bemused. What's it all About?)
- Tangled Paths by Kate Cooke (New worlds, new civilisations ... and tragedy)
- Each According to His Gifts by Patricia Roe (On the eve of Genesis, Admiral and Captain remember ...)
- Yes, I Remember it Well by Anon (Where do they go for shore leave? Not Argo, they're banned! Not Calypso, no one over 50! Definitely not Wrigleys! That only leaves Tigron IV ...)
- A Bad Day at the Office by Jasper Murgatroyd (Jim has a headache. McCoy has the cure but will it work? Only Spock can tell! Jasper's mathematical take on K/S, a related story is For a Few Quatloos More.)
Reactions and Reviews
See reactions and reviews for The Myristica Murder.
See reactions and reviews for The Sound of Music.
See reactions and reviews for Calendar Boys.
See reactions and reviews for Moody Blues.
See reactions and reviews for Tangled Paths.
See reactions and reviews for Each According to His Gifts.
See reactions and reviews for Yes, I Remember it Well.
See reactions and reviews for A Bad Day at the Office.