£3 Note Series
|Title:||£3 Note Series|
|Editor(s):||M. Fae Glasgow|
|Medium:||print zine, online as pdf|
|External Links:||£3 Note Series online|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
...As a £3 Note was published February 1991 and has 138 pages. It contains eleven stories by M. Fae Glasgow (some written under various pseuds). On the cover, "Issue Number One in the Bent Coppers Series."
From Media Monitor: "Oblique's first Professionals zine. The ever-versatile Glaswegian touches on many Pros fanfic themes: Xmas, gay couple undercover, outdoor sex, a feminized Doyle, Murphy, sports, death, and teddy bears! Full range of stories: romantic, humorous, shocking, angst-ridden. and tear-jerking."
- A Summer's Outing by M. Fae Glasgow - 19 pages
- Panoramic View by Edi N. Burgh - 6 pages
- Murphy's Law by L. A. Scotian - 9 pages
- Nanny's Teddy Tales and Other Bedtime Stories: Exeunt by Emma Scot - 4 pages
- Nanny's Teddy Tales and Other Bedtime Stories: An Abarent Abearation by Gael X Ile - 9 pages
- I Saw Three Ships by Gael X Ile - 13 pages
- In Flagrante Delecto by M. Fae Glasgow - 18 pages
- Own Goal by M. Fae Glasgow - 8 pages (read aloud as a WIP at Escapade #1)
- Footbridge by Cally Donia - 10 pages
- Devices and Desires by M. Fae Glasgow - 26 pages
- Silence = Death by M. Fae Glasgow - 2 pages
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
See reactions and reviews for A Summer's Outing, and Devices and Desires.
See reactions and reviews for Murphy's Law.
...As Two £3 Notes is a slash 119-page anthology. It was published in October 1991. On the cover, "Issue Number Two in the Bent Coppers Series."
This issue contains the infamous "catheter story," "Blessed Are the Meek."
- Noli Me Tangere by Shoshanna - 5 pages
- Ambush by Thomas - 11 pages (was originally in the paper circuit)
- November by Sebastian - 32 pages
- A Touch of English by Emma Scot - 6 pages
- Flight of Fancy by Gael X Ile - 7 pages
- My Beautiful Launderette by Cally Donia - 8 pages
- Grievous Bodily Harm by M. Fae Glasgow:
- * Part I: In the Beginning - 10 pages
- * Part II: Seek and Ye Shall Find - 14 pages
- * Part III: Blessed Are the Meek - 11 pages
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 2
See reactions and reviews for November.
See reactions and reviews for Ambush.
See reactions and reviews for Flight of Fancy.
[Blessed are the Meek]: This is the third story in the Grievous Bodily Harm trilogy, entitled 'Blessed Are the Meek,' and it's in AS TWO L3 NOTES. It's also, I gather, known as the infamous catheter story. The story squicked me the first couple of times I read it, because the kink in the story isn't a kink of mine. After the immediate reaction, though, I was able to look behind the actions to the characters' reactions to the situation. And from that point of view, it's a lovely story. It's not the kinky stuff that's the basis of the trilogy, after all; it's the story of building a relationship. The first story shows the transition from friends to lovers; the second story shows how, even though they love each other, the relationship isn't complete for them without the BDSM element; and the third story shows a snapshot of a mature, settled relationship that still has room for growth. Or that's how I see it, at least. 
...As Three £3 Notes was published May 1993. It has 127 pages and contains eight stories, one Bodie/Cowley, the rest Bodie/Doyle, all written by M. Fae Glasgow.
- Step We Gaily - 26 pages
- Permanently Attached at the Hip - 10 pages
- Subject to Change - 8 pages
- Room Service - 15 pages
- Pulling the Other One - 8 pages
- Rough Trade - 36 pages
- Beating Around the Bush - 9 pages
- Wednesday Morning - 4 pages
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 3
See reactions and reviews for Rough Trade.
See reactions and reviews for Subject to Change.
See reactions and reviews for Step We Gaily.