|Fandoms:||Star Trek (2009), Supernatural, Merlin, Hawaii Five-0 (2010), Marvel Cinematic Universe, etc.|
|URL:||on LJ, on DW, on AO3 Twitter|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
waldorph is a fanwriter in various fandoms who often has an irreverent, humorous, yet fond take on the characters in her stories.
- Illogical (√π233/hy7), a fusion of the Star Trek reboot film and Good Will Hunting, additionally features many characters from Star Trek TOS. The first part was originally posted at the st_xi_kink meme, later claimed by waldorph and (enormously) expanded on. Also gained attention for its characterization of Winona Kirk. Summary: If Kirk was a maths genius, and never took Pike up on the dare to do better, but still managed to get to Starfleet? This is what that would look like.
- strive seek find yield, a fusion of the Star Trek AOS film (plus elements from Star Trek TOS) with The Young Victoria. Summary: Spock is heir to the Federation throne, Jim is Prince of America because his fucking brother abdicated, and the Klingons are on the verge of blowing shit up--a love story.
- All the Laughter from Before, Merlin. Summary: It's pretty, but very distressing. And lo, all is sunshine and daisies... and death, but what can you do?
- Anything Worth Dying For, Supernatural, apocafic. Summary: It's the apocalypse, and this is the Book of Chuck.
- You Can't Carry It With You, Hawaii Five-0. Summary: Rachel had nothing to leave behind, but Danny has left his friends and his job and his family. Danny left behind his city and his entire life, and if she hadn't hated him so much, then, she might have felt a twinge of sympathy.
- Magpie, Star Trek AOS. Summary: Spock met Jim when he was 7 and Jim was 6. It has since been generally agreed that this was a mistake (or: the one where they grow up together and things are simultaneously better and worse for it).
- Bluebird, Star Trek AOS, post-Star Trek Beyond. Summary: “Jim Kirk.”
Jim whipped around so fast most of his drink ended up on Spock, who was reaching for the phaser that wasn’t there. The Enterprise crew was parting like the biblical seas before Moses, and Jim could feel the temperature dropping. “Mom,” Jim croaked.
- ON THE SUBJECT OF MOVIE AUs/FUSIONS (No, Really, Apparently This Needs To Be Said), essay on the writing of fusions, 11 January 2011.
- So Your Fic is Required Reading: Hahahanope (2015)